orthostatic-tremor-reversed-paleo-diet

This is the "main" forum that contains new introductions and other topics. A place to talk about your experiences, thoughts and advice.

Moderator: gloria

Darlene
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:03 am
Location: Washington State, USA
Contact:

Re: orthostatic-tremor-reversed-paleo-diet

Post by Darlene »

I don't know how meat is produced in other countries, but in North America the commercial meat industry is a nightmare. Beef growth is accelerated with antibiotics and growth hormones and they are fattened up on gmo corn. So if you decide to try out this diet, please consider carefully where your meat is coming from. If you want to know more about commercially produced beef, the Kansas City Star just released a series of articles on the meat industry that is very interesting and you can find it online.You can get organic, free range, grass fed meat. It's more expensive, but worth it.
my mothers daughter
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:35 am

Re: orthostatic-tremor-reversed-paleo-diet

Post by my mothers daughter »

And now for something completely different (well not completely)

My favourite Paleo pancakes recipe! (stolen from Mark Sisson's website)

...we have these every weekend now!

■2 ripe bananas
■1 egg
■1 heaping tablespoon of almond butter

Instructions:

Mash the bananas, add the egg and mix well.

Stir in the almond butter, adding more than a tablespoon if you want a more pancake-like texture.

Warm butter in a pan and pour batter into small cakes.

Brown on each side and serve warm.

These are so sweet they don't even need syrup! (although you can use real maple syrup if you like) Also, I find it's best to use a blender to mix this batter up so that they don't fall apart when you flip 'em!

Enjoy!
Karin
golfnut
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:05 am
Location: Sweden

Re: orthostatic-tremor-reversed-paleo-diet

Post by golfnut »

I've taken a small step forward regarding food by doing a metabolic typing! :P
If you have not heard about this, google it and you'll find out the history and background. Basically the idea is to find out if you are a protein-, carbohydrate- or "mixed" person. This in order to eat in a way that suits your body-type and metabolism.
I am a protein person and I know this also from hands-on experience as I this weekend spent 3 day's at a 100% vegetarian health spa. The food was delicious!!!! But by tummy was quite un-happy by day three
and it is now so pleased to be home to it's usual breakfast of egg and ham. :lol:

I now need to make a solid decision to do two things:
- eat more slowly, chew more and really enjoy my meals
- eat less, reduce portions and try to feel when I'm satisfied and not eat more that I need.

I write solid decision as I know that these two things are my achilles heals. Not suger, candy, goodies, buns, chips and sodas - I never eat such things. But to eat less of "good food" is not easy when you enjoy food so much. I need to be really and truly ready to make a solid decision that I'll stick to. Not just try for a bit - but really and truly and firmly decide to change. It will be a challenge but I ahev started to prepare my mind to the idea..

Take care everyone!
"your Scandinavian nut"
SeanK
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:51 pm

Re: orthostatic-tremor-reversed-paleo-diet

Post by SeanK »

Primary orthostatic tremor associated with a persistent cerebrospinal fluid monoclonal immunoglobulin G (IgG) band in cerebrospinal fluid.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12621643
Post Reply