Accosted

This is the "main" forum that contains new introductions and other topics. A place to talk about your experiences, thoughts and advice.

Moderator: gloria

bevnix

Accosted

Post by bevnix »

Today at the beach I used the handicapped restroom ,a man started yelling at me that I needed to wait in line like everyone else,I tried to explain but he was relentless,a little girl came up to me and said her grandfather has Parkinson's and have me a hug.How does everyone handle these bad situations? Bevnix Maine .
adrianoconnor

Re: Accosted

Post by adrianoconnor »

Hi Bevnix. Sorry to hear you had to face an ignorant pig. Being a man and some times a bit aggressive, I would have told him what to do with himself. But my advice to you is to make a number of copies of the travel card and give it to anyone you encounter with a negative attitude. You will find the travel card on this website under the heading "Things That Help"
I have copies that I give out to anyone to help explain our suffering. I have said this many times. I feel the only people who understand the full impact of OT are sufferers like ourselves. I hope you can avoid these unpleasant people in future.
Keep smiling.
Best wishes from
Adrian O'Connor
Ireland
bevnix

Post by bevnix »

Thank you so much,it was my Birthday that day too.Bevnix Maine
bevnix

Post by bevnix »

PS my mother in law was an O'Connor.
adrianoconnor

Regards from Ireland (second attempt)

Post by adrianoconnor »

Hi Bevnix. Happy birthday (belated) hope you had a good day. My family come from North Cork. My Dad's great or great-great uncle was a stone mason who worked on the Statue of Liberty. I think he was sent back home to Ireland when he finished the job. You mother-in-law might be a long lost relation of the O'Connor Clan to which I belong.
Best wishes
Adrian