Morning Bed Exercises

This is the "main" forum that contains new introductions and other topics. A place to talk about your experiences, thoughts and advice.

Moderator: gloria

gloria

Morning Bed Exercises

Post by gloria »

Dear Gloria,

I used to feel very unsteady when I got up first thing in the morning and would 'dodder' my way to the bathroom!! I have solved the problem with a few 'in bed' exercises that stretch my hamstrings and my feet muscles. They are simple, before getting up.........

1. In lying down position extend legs fully and turn toes up in perpendicular position, hold for 15 seconds. 
2. Then raise one leg and rotate the foot 10 times to the right and then 10 times to the left. Change legs.
3. Then with one leg raised , point toes and then lift toes up towards the ceiling. Repeat on both feet 10 times.

These exercises take only a minute or two to complete but make an amazing difference to my early morning stance and mobility.
Please pass on to other OT's.
Helsan
Lorie M

Re: Morning Bed Exercises

Post by Lorie M »

Dear Helsan,
Were you the lovely woman in Rochester with the British accent? If so, I have tried to contact you. How are you doing? Are you still a member of this forum?
I have an appointment with Dr. Matsomoto in Dec, 2008. I wonder how that will go.
Lorie M
Michelle Herpe

Re: Morning Bed Exercises

Post by Michelle Herpe »

Thank you, Helsan
I'm going to try, my legs are very wobbly,

Michelle, France