Recumbent bikes

This is a forum for "things"- cane/chairs, books, specialized luggage.... anything that has helped, and what hasn't. Add your own tips and reviews.

Moderator: gloria

gloria

Recumbent bikes

Post by gloria »

Hi ! OT friends: I have a recumbent bike in my home designed for easy capability to provide an effective workout for strenghting my leg muscles while sitting down . I generally workout with it for about 10 or 15 minutes, I can almost feel the muscles being to work on. It is worth the investment of owning a recumbent bike for this additional workout indoors plus the walking we do outside. All good wishes, Gloria
Marianne

Re: Recumbent bikes

Post by Marianne »

Hello Gloria, I too have a recumbent bike which I feel helps exercise my legs. However I had right total knee replacement 2 months ago and my tremor does interfere with some of my physical therapy exercises. Currently taking 6 mg of Clonazepam which just takes the edge off my tremor. Can’t stand in one place for more than abt 10 seconds but only using my scooter for long outings. Walk abt the house with stools strategically placed. Happy holidays to you and your family - Marianne