OT Presentation, March 10, 2016 with Dr. Joseph Jankovic

March 10, 2016 presentation by Dr Jankovic on Orthostatic Tremor in Houston Texas

Moderator: admin

admin
Site Admin

OT Presentation, March 10, 2016 with Dr. Joseph Jankovic

Post by admin »

ANNOUNCEMENT:

We are very pleased to announce an OT Presentation, March 10, 2016 with Dr. Joseph Jankovic at the Parkinson’s Disease Center and Movement Disorders Clinic, Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas. More information will be posted on the forum when it becomes available. Please feel free to post any thoughts here, or if you may be interested in attending.

Dr. Joseph Jankovic is a neurologist at the Department of Neurology, Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas. He is best known for his contributions to the study of Parkinson's Disease and other movement disorders. The Web of Science lists over 800 publications for him, which have been cited over 35,000 times. Dr Jankovic founded the The Parkinson's Disease Center and Movement Disorders Clinic (PDCMDC) at Baylor College of Medicine in 1977. 

Dr Joseph Jankovic and The Parkinson's Disease Center and Movement Disorders Clinic-PDCMDC

A very informative OT poster from Baylor College of Medicine

A short video interview with Dr Jankovic
shakeylady43

Re: OT Presentation, March 10, 2016 with Dr. Joseph Jankovic

Post by shakeylady43 »

Mary Ann Miller from Illinois, yes I would so be interested in attending
Wendygsd

Post by Wendygsd »

As it stands now, I'm hoping to attend also. (from NH)
Shakey legs

Post by Shakey legs »

So pleased to see that some of you are already making plans for the conference in Houston. Dr. Jankovic has been treating me for OT for the past 11 years. He is a brilliant Neurologist and will undoubtedly provide an interesting presentation. More information will be given as plans begin to gel.
Grammiex4

Post by Grammiex4 »

Patricia Ryan, Hixson, TN. Very interested in attending the meeting in Houston.
gloria

Post by gloria »

It is so gratifying to read the responses of plans to attend the March 10 presentation of Dr. Jankovic, I know that I'm planning to be there too! For those of you that have never been to a OT meeting you will go back home with inner strength to "fight back at our OT". Gloria
rindaann

Post by rindaann »

I am planning on attending the Houston conference. How soon can we learn more about it. We are planning on driving from San Diego in our RV. Any other RV'ers going?
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Hi
I will be attending too .
I can not emphasise enough how brilliant these meetings are.I have been to them all except one . If you can spare the time please try and come .Just meeting your OT friends is the best tonic you can get !!
Keep Smiling
Mike
:)
anita

Post by anita »

I am also interested in attending the Houston conference. When will more information, including hotel recommendations, be available? Thanks!
grammyjo71

Post by grammyjo71 »

Am hoping to attend from North Carolina. Only hope we get information soon so that I can make use of some free flights before they expire.
Janevece

Post by Janevece »

Yes,I would like to attend.
Janevece

Post by Janevece »

Yes,I would like to attend. Looking forward to it. Thanks to organizers!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Pat Whitney has shared some of the preliminary information about the upcoming meeting in Houston Texas -
We are awaiting responses from six Houston hotels re: our RFP for a group rate and accommodations for March 9-12.
When we have decided on a hotel with appropriate meeting space and shuttle service to and from the Medical Center, we will post a contact where all attendees can make reservations.

Everyone (including those who will not need hotel reservations) planning on attending the group meetings March 10 and 11 should respond by email to patwhitney00@gmail.com to register for any or all three meetings and two dinners. Below is the tentative schedule.
trpprjh

Post by trpprjh »

I am planning to attend the meeting and participate in all activities for the March 2016 meeting in Houston. Also, my first cousin plans to come with me. She also has been diagnosed with OT. We hope this might draw some attention to the possible genetic component that may exist. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Debbie
Dwight Kraai

Post by Dwight Kraai »

Hello Trpprjh:
Thanks for bringing to our attention that your cousin has been diagnosed with OT. That OT has a heridatary aspect has been thought probable for some time. OT is similar to ET which has a strong heridatary aspect. (Granted that OT and ET are not the same even though they are similiar ). I am waiting for someone to search our site and the published literature to better define the heridatary history of OT. One problem is OT has been recognized as a disease only recsently and some of the older generation may have really had OT while it was diganosed as Parkinson's or just old age.
Dwight Kraai