Moderator: admin

admin
Site Admin

NEWS FROM THE 2017 Omaha meeting -

Post by admin »

A news article with video has been posted on the KETV Omaha news website:

LINK TO ARTICLE and VIDEO
UNMC leads international research on Orthostatic Tremor

University of Nebraska Medical Center hosted the largest international study on Orthostatic Tremor, a rare, debilitating disease that makes people feel like they're going to fall down every time they stand up.

OMAHA, Neb. —
University of Nebraska Medical Center hosted the largest international study on Orthostatic Tremor, a rare, debilitating disease that makes people feel like they're going to fall down every time they stand up.

On average, patients go nine years before a proper diagnosis.

That is why UNMC's team of researchers invited patients from around the world to learn more about OT and try to find a cure.

"We're not close to that at all, yet. We need to understand the disease first, so then we can find a cure later," said Dr. Diego Torres-Russotto, associate professor and director of UNMC's Movement Disorder Program.

Previously held in 2012 and 2014, this year's OT study group is the largest ever with 85 patients from as far as Australia and Europe.

Participants range from 7 to 87 years old.

Researchers said only one in a million people have Orthostatic Tremor.
vanna61

Re: NEWS FROM THE 2017 Omaha meeting -

Post by vanna61 »

Hallo everyone
Did any of you participate to the meeting? Is a video or articles About it disposable? Here in Europe we are looking forward to know something !
I read what Dr Torres said in the last post but it was not so encouraging..
Any other news?
Ciao Gloria and OT world
With love,
Vanna
neldacg

Re: NEWS FROM THE 2017 Omaha meeting -

Post by neldacg »

They said there will be a video of the symposium, which was excellent. I have no idea how long it will take. I will look for it at this website.