Long-term course of Orthostatic Tremor

A place to post any new research papers that you find on OT

Moderator: gloria

admin
Site Admin

Long-term course of Orthostatic Tremor

Post by admin »

Long-term course of Orthostatic Tremor in serial posturographic measurement ( techniques used to quantify postural control in upright stance in either static or dynamic conditions. )

Dr. K. Feil, MD, N. Böttcher, MD, F. Guri, S. Krafczyk, PhD, F. Schöberl, MD, A. Zwergal, MD, M. Strupp, MD, FANA

This long-term follow-up study indicates, that primary OT is a progressive disorder…. Subjectively, 78% of patients reported progression of the disease. A clinical cohort of 37 patients with the diagnosis of primary OT was screened for this longitudinal follow-up study.

Highlights -

•The changes shown are not age-related, but disease-related.

•We showed an objective progression of disease by serial posturographic measurements.

•The study clearly shows that primary orthostatic tremor is a progressive disorder that impacts seriously on quality of life.

link to study - http://bit.ly/longtermOT
Dwight Kraai

Re: Long-term course of Orthostatic Tremor

Post by Dwight Kraai »

This is an important study and seems to answer the question as to if OT is progressive much as we do not like to hear it. It certainly is the case with me. I have often been asked is OT progressive with you or are you just getting older? Getting older just compounds the problem of OT.
Dwight Kraai
gloria

Re: Long-term course of Orthostatic Tremor

Post by gloria »

I agree Dwight this is a very important study because it gives conformation to what many people who are living with OT believed to be true. It is also good to see that there is more attention and research coming forth for OT ......we certainly have been wishing for it for a long time. Gloria