Review of Systems OT Poll #2 - The SPINE

Surveys of medications/treatments and discussion

Moderator: gloria

1. Do you have Orthostatic tremor?
17%
2. Have you ever had an MRI or CT scan of your spine?
10%
3. Have you ever had bulging, herniated or ruptured discs in your neck?
3%
4. Have you ever had bulging, herniated or ruptured discs in your mid back?
2%
5. Have you ever had bulging, herniated or ruptured discs in your low back?
7%
6. Have you ever had an “S” curve in your back?
4%
7. Have you ever had “tennis elbow”?
6%
8. Have you ever had tingling or pain in one or both arms?
6%
9. Have you ever had stabbing pain from your spine in your mid back?
4%
10. When looking in the mirror or in pictures, is one shoulder consistently higher than the other, even slightly?
6%
11. Have you ever noticed when standing (we know it’s hard) that one hip is higher than the other?
6%
12. Do you have one pant leg longer than the other when purchasing new slacks?
2%
13. In photos or when looking in the mirror, does your head usually tilt to the side?
4%
14. Have you ever had sciatica (pain shooting from the low back to the buttocks or all the way down the leg)?
8%
15. Have you ever had numbness and /or tingling in one foot or both feet?
5%
16. When walking does one foot sound or feel louder/heavier than the other, even slightly?
4%
17. Have you ever had scoliosis (a lateral or side curvature of the spine)?
5%
18. Have you ever had lordosis? (an excessive inward curvature of the low spine causing swaying of the low back)?
1%
19. Have you ever had kyphosis (an excessive outward curvature of the spine, causing hunching of the back)?
0%

Total votes: 260

Janevece

Post by Janevece »

Posted here is the second in a series of polls designed to learn more about commonalities among those with Orthostatic Tremor.

Please consider becoming a participant in this poll. Please encourage others with OT to participate as well.
Our information becomes more valuable with each person who responds.

EVEN THOUGH YOU NEED TO BE LOGGED IN TO POST YOUR ANSWERS THE RESULTS ARE ANONYMOUS. The poll does not post who answers the questions, it only posts the results

Brief comments will be accepted at the bottom of the page. POSTED COMMENTS ARE NOT AMONYMOUS.

These polls includes questions about the spine.

THIS POLL IS FOR GENERAL INFORMATION, AND ANY DECISION TO START OR STOP USING MEDICATION, THERAPY OR TREATMENT CAN ONLY BE MADE BY YOUR PHYSICIAN.

This is not a scientific poll and is for informational purposes only.
Any information relating to a therapy, treatment or diagnosis must be received with caution, and is not a substitute for medical advice.
If you have any specific questions about any medical matter you should consult your doctor or other professional healthcare provider.
If you think you may be suffering from any medical condition, you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice, or discontinue medical treatment because of information in this poll.

Thanks for your participation!
brittasmom

Re: Review of Systems OT Poll #2 - The SPINE

Post by brittasmom »

X-rays showed that I have an ‘S’ curved spine. I tend to put more weight on my left side and raise my right shoulder. Therefore my left hip is higher than my right. I often tilt my head. I had pressure on the top and back of my head causing headaches. Prism glasses have corrected all of these by balancing both sides. Somehow they have changed my posture and my gait for the better. The leg tremors have eased, allowing a longer stand. You can read of my experience in the Forum under the 3 different topics of prism glasses.