Surveys of medications/treatments and discussion

Moderator: gloria

QUESTION - Have you...

been diagnosed with low B12 and currently being treated?
36%
been diagnosed with low B12 and no longer being treated?
No votes
0%
been diagnosed with low B12 and never treated?
No votes
0%
been diagnosed with low B12, but results were normal or close to normal results and not needing treatment?
5%
never been tested?
59%
By admin
This poll is in response to a discussion on the forum about B12 deficiency. It is for general information only. Below is additional information and a link for more reading. Also, if you have any thoughts on B12 you can reply to this topic.
The association of shaky-leg syndrome with vitamin B12 deficiency in our patient might have been a coincidence. However, the fact that the tremor did not recur after discontinuation of clonazepam supports this association. We think that shaky-leg syndrome was the result of disturbances in the cerebellum or related pontine structures as a result of vitamin B12 deficiency. In fact, there is evidence that these structures may be affected by vitamin B12 deficiency.5
Link to article
By Betty
I checked the options regarding B12 and found none which apply to me.

My Internist (before I knew I had OT), was trying multiple things to help; he tried B12 on a regular basis. When blood work was done some months later, it was found my B12 was much too high, so he stopped the procedure. I hope this helps.

Betty
By Fiona
B12 was one of the things I looked at before diagnosis. In my research I discovered that there are discrepancies between countries in the level that they consider deficient. My test of about 350 was considered OK here, but I notice that other countries consider under 500 to be deficient. On that basis I started using sublingual B12. I noticed an improvement in my general health, but no difference in OT. I've now stopped taking it in advance of another blood test.

Exciting News from the OT Survey Team! Below is th[…]

DVLA medical examination

Has anyone had their license refused after this ex[…]

I find that shopping in any store/pharmacy/grocery[…]

>One would think I could have figured that out![…]

2017 Omaha OT Meeting and Research