Moderator: gloria

Environmental exposure prior to OT symptoms:

I lived in RURAL areas
19%
I spent more-time-than-typical near FARMS / orchards / etc
8%
I spent more-time-than-typical GARDENING
4%
I had more-than-typical encounters with live / dead ANIMALS (excluding housepets)
3%
I spent more-time-than-typical playing GOLF
2%
I spent more-time-than-typical OUTDOORS for recreation
3%
I spent more-time-than-typical OUTDOORS for work
1%
I spent more-time-than-typical in tropical, THIRD-WORLD countries, and may have therefore had more immunizations, used malaria-preventing medications, encountered unusual bugs / parasites / diseases.
3%
I spent more-time-than-typical in other non-US, non-commonwealth countries.
2%
I used INSECT repellent or pesticides or herbicides more-than-typical.
3%
I probably had more-than-typical exposure to HEAVY METALS, e.g. mercury, aluminum, lead, cadmium.
5%
I had new silver fillings or ground my teeth in the year or so before OT began.
8%
I probably had more-than-typcial exposure to DYES, PERFUMES, INDUSTRIAL CHEMICALS, etc.
3%
I ate more-than-typical amounts of grilled food, e.g. BBQ meat.
4%
IMPORTANT: Check this box and then click "Submit vote"
30%

Total votes: 91

admin
Site Admin

Environmental exposure prior to OT symptoms:

Post by admin »

This is a continuation of a discussion started by Jenna about the question of environmental issues and OT. Found here

IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS : Mark ANY & ALL that were true of your life *BEFORE* your OT symptoms. This poll is whether there is any connection with environmental factors, so it would be just as important for you to mark few or none of the answers and click submit as it is to have checked many of the questions.

If you have other ideas on this topic please post your thoughts below.

**THIS POLL IS FOR GENERAL INFORMATION, AND ANY DECISION TO START OR STOP USING MEDICATION CAN ONLY BE MADE BY YOUR PHYSICIAN

** this is not a scientific poll and it's purpose is for general information only

** even though you need to be logged in to post your answer the results are anonymous.
Blossom

Re: Environmental exposure prior to OT symptoms:

Post by Blossom »

I have a question about this survey. Because none of these factors apply in my case I just checked the last box with none of the other boxes ticked. Is that what one is supposed to do? How else is it possible to indicate that none of these factors seem to apply?
Blossom
admin
Site Admin

Re: Environmental exposure prior to OT symptoms:

Post by admin »

Hi Blossom

What you did is perfect! If nothing applies, check the last box and hit submit. This is just a basic survey, and a way to start a conversation if any common areas appear. Even a lack of common answers is a result. So it is important that you completed the poll the way you did. It may not be perfect but trying is better than not trying.

Thank you for posting in the poll and asking the question