NORD RESEARCH TOTAL AS OF SEPTEMBER, 2014

Information about OT Research and how to donate towards OT Research.

Moderator: gloria

Lake of the Woods

NORD RESEARCH TOTAL AS OF SEPTEMBER, 2014

Post by Lake of the Woods »

Hello everyone,
I had checked with NORD to get the lastest update in September and the total is $3,200. Note that there is presently a Request for Proposal that is in the works to get another grant recipient. This will be determined by the end of this year and NORD will announce it and we will pass this on to you. So this $3,200. is above and beyond the money that is set aside for the new grant - that would be $32,500. which we need to raise to get a RFP.

Also, we have a new contact person to represent our OT group with NORD. Pat Whitney is taking over these duties from me. I have been the contact person since our partnership first formed with NORD in 2008 and I am moving on to other duties but still very active in the OT Group.

Pat has knowledge of NORD and our past relationship with them and will do an excellent job and I appreciated her stepping forward to take this on.

One question that had been submitted to me in regards to the RFP that was sent out this past year was - Who does NORD send these proposal to - what institutions and hospitals? I received the answer from NORD and this is their reply that I received in late August.

With regard to the 2014 grant cycle, we reached out to the following organizations:
• American Academy of Neurology
• Aptes Association
• Association of Parkinsonism and Related Disorders
• DENT Neurologic Institute
• International Essential Tremor Foundation
• Madisons Foundation
• Movement Disorder Society
• National Ataxia Foundation
• The National Tremor Foundation
• NIH/National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
• Orthostatic Tremor- Information and Forum
• Parkinson’s Association
• Society for Neuroscience
• Tremor Action Network
• University of Virginia School of Medicine Research
• WE MOVE (Worldwide Education and Awareness for Movement Disorders)
• 42 individual researchers
In response to the letters of intent received, NORD's Medical Advisory Committee selected the top two applicants that submitted letters of intent to submit full proposals. Applicants were notified last week.

Peggy