FUNDING TOTAL AS OF JANUARY 28, 2014

Information about OT Research and how to donate towards OT Research.

Moderator: gloria

Lake of the Woods

FUNDING TOTAL AS OF JANUARY 28, 2014

Post by Lake of the Woods »

Hello everyone,
I have just been advised by NORD that we have $30,096.13 in our fund - this amount is made up of the $20,182.00 that was allocated to Dr. Rodrigues research which was cancelled due to him not getting approvals and $9,914.13 that had been donated.

I have emailed my NORD contact to see when we will get our next Request for Proposal sent out as NORD is not charging us any admin fee this time so that had indicated that $30,000.00 would be sufficient to have a new RFP sent out.

I will keep you advised once I know more about this - thanks to all who are supporting this.

Peggy
Di Di

Re: FUNDING TOTAL AS OF JANUARY 28, 2014

Post by Di Di »

Morning Peggy , I am having trouble getting my head around this ?....are you saying Dr Rodrigues had funding taken away for him to carry on his research with OT ?...was the approval not given because of performance or because of a shortfall in funding .....................if a short fall , that is very disappointing as NORD has the means to top it up .

the Sydney gathering last year had a wonderful day with DR Rodrigues who gave his time freely ,and really listened and shared ...we all gained ....Perth OT`s are lucky to have him .

glad you are there handling this , and am sure you will not let the dust settle on this matter .
Didi NZ
Lake of the Woods

Post by Lake of the Woods »

Hi Di Di,
Unfortunately Dr. Rodrigues was not able to get all his approvals needed to even start this research. He was granted the NORD money but he did not have approvals in place. It was about 1 1/2 years after he was to receive the grant and he still did not have these approvals so unfortunately the money that was allocated to him and his research had to stay with NORD.

It is understandable why NORD would have to have some deadlines as far as things like this.

If he gets his approvals in place, he can always apply again and he would know this. I can see where it is difficult for the researcher because what do they do first? - get the money or get the approvals.

There is something on the home page of the website advising on this.

You were such a help Di Di, creating your sculpture and raising money and my hope is that others will follow your wonderful example of getting involved.

Sincerely
Peggy
Di Di

Post by Di Di »

thanks for that explanation Peggy ...I did go on home pages and read up , but like I said well over my head ... :)
I can see the time and paper work that goes into applying for grants and approvals would take up a lot of frustrating time for busy ,want to get on with it ,researches.....but that is the way of the world these days ....and NORD must be accountable for hard earn t donations funds... am involved on the fringe of an arts council,huge efforts and time goes into seeking funds, and then if you are successful ,so much more time goes into recording and proving how you have used the money, on reflection one wonders if it was all worth it , in the end , more rewarding just doing it as an independent.
another ramble .....sorry ......Didi NZ