WE HAVE REACHED OUR NORD GOAL!!

Information about OT Research and how to donate towards OT Research.

Moderator: gloria

gloria

Re: WE HAVE REACHED OUR NORD GOAL!!

Post by gloria »

All OT Friends:
I’m certain this wonderful announcement about our fund is an emotional experience for all OT sufferers. This ban in our lives has reason to know that it’s presence is threatened ! This is a great accomplishment for all thanks to everyone working together supporting our fund . It has brought us to a new level in our fight to find a cure for OT. We are stronger too because along this path we have “met” on the site some wonderful friends and together we know that we must continue to move forward in our search.

Your OT partner, Gloria
http://www.orthostatictremor.org/resour ... r-2011.pdf
Lake of the Woods

NORD SENDING OUT OUR PROPOSAL

Post by Lake of the Woods »

Hello everyone,
I have just received notice from NORD that they will be sending out our "Request for Proposal" within the next week. The amount of the grant is $32,511. which is our total raised $36,011. minus their administration fee of $3,500. They did reduce their fee from the initial $5,000. quoted to the lower amount of $3,500. You can read all about the details of what they are sending out on this link:

http://www.orthostatictremor.org/resour ... r-2011.pdf

Something else I had asked them about if they were just sending out the RFP to medical institutions in the U.S. only but they said "no, they would be sent out internationally".

I noticed that the award announcements will be made in mid-late May of 2012 so we all have that to look forward to.

Peggy
Betty

Re: WE HAVE REACHED OUR NORD GOAL!!

Post by Betty »

Hi Peggy,

Thanks for the update; it's wonderful what a rather small group has been able to accomplish once we got started.

Many made donations; but I think you were the one who REALLY got us going with your fundraiser.
Helen must also be included with her fundraiser in her 'Walk'; she did a great job as well.

Now...we must continue to raise funds so we will remain in this study.

I think we must also thank Pat Whitney for all her work regarding getting us on tract with NORD; thanks Pat!

We all do what we can.....

Betty