FUNDING TOTAL AS OF JUNE 6/2011

Information about OT Research and how to donate towards OT Research.

Moderator: gloria

Lake of the Woods

FUNDING TOTAL AS OF JUNE 6/2011

Post by Lake of the Woods »

Hello everyone,
We received a new total - as of the above date it is now $32,600. This is just wonderful and we are getting very close to our goal of $35,000. Then we can start looking at options, together with NORD, about some research possibilities.

Please give generously to make this happen.

Also, special acknowledgement to Helen who just completed her 1/2 marathon recently and raised over $2,500. with some monies still to come she said. Please think about doing your own special project to help raise money for our fund and also to raise awareness within your family, friends and community.

Let the website know if you are going to do something - I for one will support you and I suspect other OT friends will as well.

Peggy
gloria

Re: FUNDING TOTAL AS OF JUNE 6/2011

Post by gloria »

Peggy ,what great news ! If EVERYONE who is a member of our site donated whatever they can than the faster we will go over the finish line to start research on this disabling disorder that is destroying the quality of our lives. It is not responsible thinking to wait for someone else to donate . It is not just their disorder it is yours too! This is our annual request and although you might have given before it is time to do something again for our future together. I have lived with OT for almost thirty years and I would not like to think that generations to come will suffer as we are now. My best always, Gloria
PS: Special thanks to Peggy and Helen for their work as fundraisers, you are amazing!!!
Betty

Re: FUNDING TOTAL AS OF JUNE 6/2011

Post by Betty »

Hello all....

To Peggy and most recently, Helen, we all owe you a very special "thank you", because both of you have done fund fraisers. Many of us are unable to do that; but as has been said, we don't have to do a fund raiser, we just need to make a contribution to the cause!

As I have said on this site many times, if everyone would just donate what they could, we would be well over our goal. I had suggested just one meal out, or the money spent on Starbucks coffee for a week would put us over the top.

Now....with our total to date being $32,600.00, that's only $2,400.00 to go.

COME ON PEOPLE; THIS IS FOR ALL OF US! WE CAN DO IT!

Betty