Mini OT meeting in Vancouver, Canada May 20th 2012

Moderator: admin

golfnut

Mini OT meeting in Vancouver, Canada May 20th 2012

Post by golfnut »

I will be visiting Vancouver Canada in May. I'm there for quite a bit for a conference and then on holiday. I mentioned this trip is my "diary-thread" and got a response. So there is a preliminary plan to meet Sunday May 20th for lunch/afternoon/dinner - very vague so far but there it is.
I know Chris who lives in BC plans to come and perhaps someone else as well.

If there are other OT people nearby or that would like to visit Vancouver despite having a distance to travel - please post in this thread and we'll see if we can make a mini OT meeting. The main point is simply to have a chance to see other OT'ers.

Welcome!
The golfnut
Lake of the Woods

Re: Mini OT meeting in Vancouver, Canada May 20th 2012

Post by Lake of the Woods »

It just happens that I know a Neurologist who lives in Vancouver and she has patients with OT. I am thinking that I could advise her about the meeting and she could inform her patients of it. I will advise her that her patients should check with the forum about the details of the meeting but it is planned for May 20th.

I will also give her my email address in case they have trouble with the forum and they can contact me and I will pass this info on to you.

Peggy
golfnut

Post by golfnut »

Hello Peggy,
this sounds very interesting - but may I stress that it is a very informal meeting, just a "get-together". The idea is to meet fellow OT'ers and talk, have lunch or afternoon tea, and have a chat about how we are and what we do to cope. I think it's a lovely idea to tell the neurologist (and she is of course more than welcome too, it she'd like to join!) so please go ahead only stress the informality of it all.
:)

Thank you!
gloria

Post by gloria »

Hello Golfnut:
Your motivation of the way you have handled your outlook with OT has been outstanding and I’m very supportive to your idea of a mini-OT meeting, such meetings are very rewarding! I wish more people would make an attempt to meet with other OT people. This is one of the reasons we encourage people to leave their location in their profile. Peggy, your suggestion is great, maybe more will be able to attend. Gloria
golfnut

Post by golfnut »

Dear Gloria,
thank you for your kind words.

So far the mini-meeting seems to be very "mini" as there are two of us and maybe one more to come. So if there are anyone else out there...? Please do not hesitate to join.
We have not set any specific schedule yet - but meet we will, by the sea, in the sun!
:)
Best regards
the golfnut