Dr.Matsumoto research

Moderator: admin

Lorie M

Dr.Matsumoto research

Post by Lorie M »

Good news!
Dr Matsumoto has emailed me with the comment, "Your studies are being analyzed now and look promising."
I am not sure what that is all about but Peggy thought it may give us hope if I passed the info along. I have made a post about the MRI and motion tests he did at Mayo in Feb. He thanked me for my contribution and I told him it was my last 2 hour MRI that I would do. He laughed and said it was like remembering child birth. Once the delivery of the child and time passes one has another child and forgets about the previous delivery. Really?
I don't want to make light of our condition but realize any help we can get will be appreciated.
Dr. Russoto and Dr. Matsumoto have expressed an interest in speaking to each other. We have exchanged their emails. Seems Dr. Russoto had been studying at Mayo at one time.
Enjoy spring!
Lorie M
Betty

Re: Dr.Matsumoto research

Post by Betty »

Hi Lorie:

I just read your post of Saturday, April 25th regarding the email from Dr. Matsumoto and his comment: "Your studies are being analyzed now and look promising." I feel all of us will be interested to know just what this means. How long did he test you? Was it all done in one day or over a period of days? It must have been a very comprehensive study.

Also, you stated: "I have made a post about the MRI and motion tests he did at Mayo in Feb." I have checked back and could not find it; could you please tell me under which topic you wrote this so I might read it?

I feel anything we can do to further our cause is just one step closer to finding a cure.

I hope your spring arrives soon; we have skipped spring and are already into summer ~ temps in the high 80's to 90 degrees! Waaaay too hot for this time of year!

Looking forward to seeing you again in Omaha at the next meeting. I think Peggy is working hard on that right now.

Betty 8)
jolarson

Post by jolarson »

I too would like to have Lorie expand more on the studies. Just reading about them gives us all some hope. So happy that the two doctors who have researched POT may be getting together. Thanks for posting about the info.
Lorie M

Post by Lorie M »

Well, I told someone but maybe not here. I had a 2 hour MRI of my brain in the morning and a 2 hour session in the afternoon in the motion lab with the skull cap during the motion EMG. During the MRI I had to follow instructions with a helmet over my face. Staring at a dot and not moving except when they told me to move an extremity. I hate MRI's and usually have to have my eyes covered so I do not experience claustrophobia. While in the MRI tube I was instructed to flex my ankles for a series of 15 times each foot. After awhile my legs were held down while I was instructed to try to lift them. Same with my arms. It was very loud even though my ears were covered. Worst part was holding still and looking at the dot and not moving. For 2 HOURS!
Later at the Motion center it took them an hour to get the cap with the leads on my head. When that was done they had me stand and lie down and do same exercises with my extremities. When that was over they showed me the head, my head image, they could turn around on the screen with the areas that were lit up. As the kids would say, "it was cool".
Of course the tests took longer than the buses ran so when we wanted to go back to the hospital where my husband's brother was we had to take a cab. The cab driver wanted to know who was sick and we told him Don's brother was there (coincidentally) and was very ill. He said he would pray for him and we said that would be fine. In a few seconds he made the sign of the cross. That was "cool" too. Having a stranger offer a prayer right after he said he would pray. Too much information but if you have any other questions I will try to answer them.
Lorie
Last edited by Lorie M on Sat May 16, 2009 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lake of the Woods

Post by Lake of the Woods »

Hi Lori,
Thanks so much for advising everyone about this information. I think we all want to hear if "anything" is happening out there - especially with regards to Dr. Matsumoto at the Mayo Clinic.

I too had the lengthy session putting on the skull cap in the motion lab when I went last year for some research studies and saw the image of my head on the screen and how they turn it on the screen also - it was pretty neat - like something you see in a science fiction movie.

Good for you enduring the 2 hr. MRI - that would not have been easy. I had one one, not related to OT and it was not pleasant.

Thanks again for the info!

Peggy