New Technology

how to view the latest posts, registering problems, change the type size.... etc.
Betty

New Technology

Post by Betty »

Hello all....

This was sent to me by another OT friend and wondered if I had seen it. I had not. She doesn't check the forum often but thought it might be of interest to others.

Watch the video below:

This is probably the most remarkable scientific accomplishment of the century.

Most operating rooms as we know them might not be needed ... sometime in the not too distant future.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/IfJemqkby_0?rel=0

Who knows, this might lead to something new regarding OT.

Betty
bonniekline100

Re: New Technology

Post by bonniekline100 »

Hi Betty
I realize you found this in 2013. I am new was diagnosed about a month ago with Orthostatic Tremors and then last Tuesday with Parkinsons so a double dose of trouble. I did write at the time I found out but cannot find that. I was going through what others were saying and saw this video back in 2013. I thought it was really interesting. Has this started.
Tell me about yourself. I am 66 live in California

Bonnie
Betty

Re: New Technology

Post by Betty »

Hi Bonnie,

Sorry it has taken me a few days to get back to you. I had forgotten about the link I posted on the forum; it has been a few years ago. I don't know if it is being used at this point.

Where in CA do you live?

I was so sorry to hear about your diagnosis of OT and then, with Parkinson's. Did the same neurologist diagnose you? You certainly DO have a double dose of trouble. Which do you think came first? Do you have anyone to help you?

You wanted to know a little about me; I live in Melbourne, FL, which is on the east coast of FL, near the Kennedy Space Center. I am married, have two grown sons and two grown grandsons. I have had OT since about 1994. I was not fortunate enough to get a diagnosis quickly, I went through nine neurologist before I found out what I have. It was a relief to get a name for it. Also, I have been told by several neurologist I DO have OT, but I also have something else ~ they don't know what.

I am fortunate to be in the clinical study, with over 40 plus others, being done by Dr. Torres at the University of Nebraska in Omaha. This will be the second study for me, the first was two years ago ~ there have been three. I did not get into the first one. It is interesting and one gets to meet so many others with OT. Have you been able to meet anyone else with OT? I feel sure there are others in CA who also have OT. You might ask on the forum and perhaps someone will respond to you. It makes so much difference to get the opportunity to visit with another person with OT.

At what stage do you feel you are at this point, or can you differentiate your symptoms of OT and those of Parkinson's? The one thing I can tell you is to keep a positive attitude, know you are not alone, check the forum often and ask when you have questions.

Take care of yourself!

Betty
Mark

bonnieline100

Post by Mark »

[quote=bonniekline100 post_id=5857 time=1501379383 user_id=2868]
Hi a
I realize you found this in 2013. I am new was diagnosed about a month ago with Orthostatic Tremors and then last Tuesday with Parkinsons so a double dose of trouble. I did write at the time I found out but cannot find that. I was going through what others were saying and saw this video back in 2013. I thought it was really interesting. Has this started.
Tell me about yourself. I am 66 live in California

Bonnie
Hi, I was interested to see you have recently been diagnosed with OT and PD. I am a 71 yo male from London and await the results of tests having been diagnosed with OT or OT Plus. Just had RMI brain scan and next week EMR. I guess the former is to check for PD and the later to confirm OT? I suppose it is too early for you to say what symptoms you have which lead to PD test? Or where you are right now? Yours, Waggie

Return to “How to use the forum, solutions and tips”