Meeting

Moderator: admin

gloria

Meeting

Post by gloria »

To all OT friends :

I’m thrilled to tell you that the “ 1st International Orthostatic Tremor Meeting “ was a complete success.

The presentation by Dr. Joseph Matsumoto from the Mayo Clinic was perfect, and at each step during the presentation he opened the discussion up to all of the participants which added great depth the conversation. Peggy Whitta spearheaded this marvelously organized event and thought of every minute detail and we are all grateful. Pat Whitney researched and presented a lively discussion on future plans for OT fundraising and how that may be accomplished. I wanted to send out a quick note to say thank you to everyone that attended, and that being in the presence of such wonderful people at this very important event was truly inspiring.

More to come,

Gloria
MikeS

Re: Meeting

Post by MikeS »

Hi everone.
I would jut like to say how wonderful was to meet and talk to you all at the the inauragral meeting of OT community.The presentation was excellent and the round table discussion was so enlightning .I came away with a feeling of being part of a family.Gloria you are a very special person and your dedication to this community is ...well there are no words to describe it A big thanks to must go to Peggy and Pat for all there hard work.
Once again thank you to everyone for your contribution .
RichardS

Post by RichardS »

It's very gratifying to read that you had a good meeting, and all felt that it was a great success. As a onlooker/outsider from the UK, it would be good to know if any scientific progress was made. Are we any further advanced in getting to know how to deal with OT? If so, how? Sorry to appear to be impatient, but I'm sure that in truth I speak for many people outside the USA. I - we - are all heartily sick of this infuriating condition......

Richard
Lorie M

Post by Lorie M »

by Lorie M on Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:15 am

Rochester, MN meeting was such a great idea. I enjoyed meeting all the people. Every one you met offered a chair.
So nice to meet people who knew how much that meant. Great to talk to people with the same problems and to learn how they cope. Not to feel isolated because of this rare disorder was so welcome. Thank you Peggy and Garry, Gloria, Beth and Jeff and all who contributed to the success of our first meeting.
Lorie M
gloria

Post by gloria »

Dear Richard: Yes, we had a very fine meeting, a bit history making in my opinion. It was a meeting that was the idea, as we all know, of a wonderful OT gal from Canada, Peggy Whitta. She knew this would be an important next step to move our cause forward, a disorder that has no borders or oceans of separation. Richard, you are not, an" onlooker/outsider from the UK" you are considered an important part of our worldwide OT community. It should be noted that from across the Big Pond, Mike from Spain participated at our meeting and he added a wonderful sense of humor that lifted our spirits. Also you can be reassured that your statement "heartily sick of this infuriating condition" is the same by all OT people. Here's a thought, there are number of UK members on our member list that perhaps you can communicate with and formulate a support group in the UK. Our cause needs startup groups all over the map.

Thanks always for your input, Gloria
RichardS

Post by RichardS »

Many thanks, Gloria. Yes, I agree, we could get things moving in the UK. In fact, as I already run a number (3 actually) of email help lists on other health disorder subjects, I'd like to put myself forward as 'UK convener'. I'm retired, so it would be easier for me to act in this role than a working person. So, how about it, UK members?? Please feel free to 'use' me as if you'd like that.

Gloria, I feel members certainly get to read what you write, but I'm not sure my messages 'get through' as often as they should; not sure why this is. If there's anything you could do in your central role to flash this message in front of all us UK people, that would be really great. I know there's at least one member in my area - Somerset, so there's a starting point.

I'd like your input on this: if we/you can stimulate the UK members, what would you say to my doing it as an email group? I have experience of the latter, and could set one up for the UK in a trice. And somehow copy everything we say or do to you, because you are the prime mover in all of this. I don't need to tell you how grateful I am; and once again, I'm sure I speak for all UKers.

Best

Richard

gloria wrote:Dear Richard: Yes, we had a very fine meeting, a bit history making in my opinion. It was a meeting that was the idea, as we all know, of a wonderful OT gal from Canada, Peggy Whitta. She knew this would be an important next step to move our cause forward, a disorder that has no borders or oceans of separation. Richard, you are not, an" onlooker/outsider from the UK" you are considered an important part of our worldwide OT community. It should be noted that from across the Big Pond, Mike from Spain participated at our meeting and he added a wonderful sense of humor that lifted our spirits. Also you can be reassured that your statement "heartily sick of this infuriating condition" is the same by all OT people. Here's a thought, there are number of UK members on our member list that perhaps you can communicate with and formulate a support group in the UK. Our cause needs startup groups all over the map.

Thanks always for your input, Gloria
Lake of the Woods

KEEPING THE BALL ROLLING

Post by Lake of the Woods »

Hi Richard,
Please see my message that I am just going to post under a new topic "Keep the Ball Rolling"
I think it will apply to your questions.

Peggy Whitta
Betty

Post by Betty »

Hello to everyone,

I just wanted to add, I feel all who were able to attend the meeting in Rochester left feeling a lot better after having met other OT friends. You don't have to explain ANYTHING; everyone already knows. We all came into rooms, looking for a place to sit or lean; it makes me smile :D because it reminded me of "musical chairs" ~ but we always found a chair or the extending of an arm by a spouse~ not always your own ~ or a new friend.

I for one, want to thank all those who were so helpful to me and others.

I also want to thank Gloria for telling her story: Jeff for creating the website which put all of us in touch with one another, and to Beth for all the support you provide.

Peggy ~ we are all indebted to you for putting this meeting together ~ the first of many to come ~ and to Pat for all the research you did and your wonderful presentation.

It was a wonderful couple of days; and I even enjoyed the SNOW!!!!! :lol:

Betty 8)
Chris

Post by Chris »

Thank you so much to everyone for posting so much about the meeting in Rochester. I almost feel like I was there. I truly wish I could have been. It would have been wonderful to spend time with all of you and share experiences. Thanks to Gloria and her website I have talked on the phone to another person with OT here in British Columbia, Canada. It was wonderful to have a conversation with someone who knows exactly what you are going through in your day to day life. It would be really nice to know if there are any other OT people here in the West. Thanks again for all the info and I will keep reading all the posts. It makes me feel part of it all.
Chris :)