Strange discovery today.

This is a forum for "things"- cane/chairs, books, specialized luggage.... anything that has helped, and what hasn't. Add your own tips and reviews.

Moderator: gloria

Theresaann

Strange discovery today.

Post by Theresaann »

Today while standing in line, holding on to the handlebars of my Rollator (walker with wheels, hand brakes, and a seat) shaking like a leaf, I couldn't sit down on the seat because the area was too crowded. I was in line with my husband, waiting for a take-out order to be filled. I put my knee way back on the seat of the Rollator. And, lo and behold, the tremors stopped!!! OMG! Does that mean that standing on one leg will help reduce the tremors? At least I'll be standing face to face with people, rather than at their waist level! If I told this to my neurologist, she would probably just shake it off without a comment. Is there anyone who really cares about the condition of OT??? Other than those of us who suffer with it???????
Djscottsaz

Re: Strange discovery today.

Post by Djscottsaz »

I understand that “one leg” issue. I still have to work and talk standing sometimes. I will step side to side, standing on one leg. Lasts about a minute then go to the other leg. Then I have to tell a client my issue and find a seat.
Shakeylegs

Re: Strange discovery today.

Post by Shakeylegs »

I find that standing on one leg does help but it is only temporary of course.