KETO DIET WORKING WONDERS!!

This is a forum for "things"- cane/chairs, books, specialized luggage.... anything that has helped, and what hasn't. Add your own tips and reviews.

Moderator: gloria

StephanieA

KETO DIET WORKING WONDERS!!

Post by StephanieA »

I was taking 7500 mg of gabapentin a day, and not seeing much benefit from it. I didn't have any side effects, but all those pills only gained me 2-3 minutes of standing still.

One day in January 2019 I saw something that said gabapentin is also used to treat epilepsy and seizures. WOW! I thought, Isn't the ketogenic diet used to treat epilepsy? I wonder if it would work for OT!

I've been doing keto since Jan 16th, and I can tell you that I now have 10-15 minutes of being able to stand! This is life-changing! I've been tapering down the gaba, with my neurologist's permission, and I'm now at 2400 mg/day. My plan is to get off it completely, as keto gives me a much bigger benefit.

I would encourage people to try it. I recommend Dr. Ken Berry and Dr. Annette Bosworth for information. They both have great videos on youtube.
snickers

Re: KETO DIET WORKING WONDERS!!

Post by snickers »

Hmmm.....I would , personally be concerned about long term effects of the diet. I know in the beginning all is well and good.
However, as time goes on, cholesterol, blood pressure increase, I not sure .
Donna436

Re: KETO DIET WORKING WONDERS!!

Post by Donna436 »

Basically, what do you mean by a ketogenic diet? Are you following a guide, is it in a book, primarily protein? I am interested in learning more. Thanks.
StephanieA wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:18 pm I was taking 7500 mg of gabapentin a day, and not seeing much benefit from it. I didn't have any side effects, but all those pills only gained me 2-3 minutes of standing still.

One day in January 2019 I saw something that said gabapentin is also used to treat epilepsy and seizures. WOW! I thought, Isn't the ketogenic diet used to treat epilepsy? I wonder if it would work for OT!

I've been doing keto since Jan 16th, and I can tell you that I now have 10-15 minutes of being able to stand! This is life-changing! I've been tapering down the gaba, with my neurologist's permission, and I'm now at 2400 mg/day. My plan is to get off it completely, as keto gives me a much bigger benefit.

I would encourage people to try it. I recommend Dr. Ken Berry and Dr. Annette Bosworth for information. They both have great videos on youtube.