DIY adaption to adjustable Flipstick

This is a forum for "things"- cane/chairs, books, specialized luggage.... anything that has helped, and what hasn't. Add your own tips and reviews.

Moderator: gloria

Mark

DIY adaption to adjustable Flipstick

Post by Mark »

At Xmas time I get worried at the thought of going to a drinks party to find there is no seating and anyway neither sitting or leaning against a wall and hoping people will approach you is ideal.
I bought an adjustable Flipstick which is really a shooting stick where the 'seat' flips through 90 degrees to change it from a walking stick to a seat. It adjusts to be 34 inches to 37 inches high as a walking stick (deduct 3 inches if the seat has Benin flipped down). Very well priced and made in England?
I found it was still too low. At parties you want to be at the same height as others! I had an extra adjustable end section made which has a D end at the foot, so DOUBLE ferrules which adds an extra 4.5 inches and hopefully gives increased stability.
I find that it is high enough so that I am 'standing' with my bum on the seat and the stick almost vertical. That way it takes the weight off my legs, NO SHAKES, I can hold a glass and join the party at the right height!
If your balance is a bad then not too many glasses of vino!
HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!