Permanent Makeup

This is a forum for "things"- cane/chairs, books, specialized luggage.... anything that has helped, and what hasn't. Add your own tips and reviews.

Moderator: gloria

renaely

Permanent Makeup

Post by renaely »

Alright, so this is more of an "accommodation" for OT AND ET, especially for those of us still in the workforce or just because. I'm pretty low maintenance, but I do prefer to wear eyeliner. That was becoming difficult to do, as my dexterity and fine motor skills in my hands are non-existent...add on the harder I tried, the more frustrated I became and the more I shook...SO, I bit the bullet and just had permanent eyeliner tattooed on me. It's not an incredibly comfortable procedure -- though they do numb your eyelids, and the poor woman was having to deal with facial spasms and eye tremor. I've had DBS implanted, so I turned myself up until my face went numb...lol. I now have beautiful eyeliner and no longer need to get angry or frustrated when I end up drawing a "mustache" on my face.
gloria

Re: Permanent Makeup

Post by gloria »

Hello: Rena: That is a great coping skill !!!!!!!!! Don't know how our male OT friends are going to benefit but then again who knows???????????? I'm retired and considered a senior citizen but like to put on make-up every day even if I'm glued home to this computer all day. I think your posting this will help many of our OT women because if not now will as their OT progresses and develop more serious tremors.

Thank-you, Gloria