Walking issues

This is a forum for "things"- cane/chairs, books, specialized luggage.... anything that has helped, and what hasn't. Add your own tips and reviews.

Moderator: gloria

cazval

Walking issues

Post by cazval »

Hi Everyone,
I have just been diagnosed with O.T. I have several questions, from my understanding OT is an unsteadiness in standing up. My situation has that and I can barely walk, I have severe tremors and it takes great willpower to get one leg to actually "move" then repeat the whole process again. My head bobbles and my torso is wiggly. I have seen videos of people with OT, mine seems dramatically more intense. I have been prescribed Clonazepam.
Unfortunately, I have been on benzo's for 6 years for something else. My concern is that after vigorously researching benzo's including Clonazepam,
the long term effects are extremely harmful. They initially help the problem, but over time they create a lot of problems that the person never had before throughout the entire body. I am scared to death, after researching the long-term effects of benzo;s, with the memory loss and brain fog,
I am reluctant to take Clonazepam, even though it greatly helps my tremors. Does anyone else have this issue? Would love to learn from you all, all suggestions are welcome. Thanks.
Nin

Re: Walking issues

Post by Nin »

I understand your concern about Clonezapam. I've been taking a very low dose for 6 or 7 years and it helps my tremor. I think I have a touch of brain fog, but for me it's worth it for having less tremors and anxiety. I haven't found that the effect has lessened over time. I'm not going to go up though unless the anxiety would really get out of hand.
cazval

Re: Walking issues

Post by cazval »

Thank you Nin.