Walk-A-Seat in Australia

This is a forum for "things"- cane/chairs, books, specialized luggage.... anything that has helped, and what hasn't. Add your own tips and reviews.

Moderator: gloria

CeliaC

Walk-A-Seat in Australia

Post by CeliaC »

I have recently been diagnosed with OT. I find this Walk-A-Seat to be very useful. You actually sit on it with the handle at the front. The extra legs don’t fold away, but generally it is extremely easy to manage and very useful in situations where seats are not available to sit on. I have taken it on flights and it can be pur in the overhead bin or given to staff at the aircraft door for stowing. Unfortunately, it doesn’t fit in a large suitcase but airlines are very helpful and it is useful if you are waiting in a queue. I highly recommend it. See: http://www.mobilitycare.net.au/shop/rol ... lk-a-seat/
Joyebelle

Re: Walk-A-Seat in Australia

Post by Joyebelle »

Hello Celia. I bought a product similar to this some time back as I felt it would help me, even though I didn't know at that time what was wrong with me. It enabled me to watch my grandaughter's netball grand final! I have only just been diagnosed so it is very early days for me, even thigh I realise I have had OT for several years at least. Do you know of others with OT in Australia? I live in Warragul in Victoria.
CeliaC

Post by CeliaC »

Hello, Joybelle! I just wrote a reply and lost it so I don't know if it has been submitted. In short, I don't know any other people with OT. I will expand this when I find out if my first effort is published or not!! Have you had a look at the Orthostatic Tremor page on Facebook? Just make sure you press 'Posts' on LHS to bring them up. It's American but some Australians do comment on it. I will see if I can put on a request for Australians to put their hands up. Keep in touch, Celia
gloria

Post by gloria »

Joybelle & Celia: We have a good number of people from Australia registered on the website. When you registered you didn't give you location in your PROFILE so it doesn't show everytime you post. I suggest you go back to your profile and give your location. This way it will show that you are from Australia too. Plus you can also go to the top right hand corner of this page and where it says Search type in "Australia" and click on (look glass) and you will see the many posts from Australia members.

Enjoy, Gloria
CeliaC

Post by CeliaC »

Thank you, Gloria! Greatly appreciated.
CeliaC

Post by CeliaC »

Joybelle...if you are on Facebook, you can join this OT group at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/orthostatic.tremor/