Laser Light

This is a forum for "things"- cane/chairs, books, specialized luggage.... anything that has helped, and what hasn't. Add your own tips and reviews.

Moderator: gloria

Shorty

Laser Light

Post by Shorty »

Occasionally, after leaning, sitting for too long or faced with a curb or slope to negotiate, I experience a gait initiation failure or freezing on the spot. This is similar to the freezing that Parkinson's patients exhibit. I have tried to trick my brain by taking a step backwards or marching on the spot with limited success. When my husband is with me, I can grab his arm but it has had a negative effect on my independence. There are laser canes and laser devices that can be attached to walkers to help Parkinson's to get past this mobility issue. These run $300-400 dollars. Got me thinking though. I purchased pet laser toys at the dollar store and keep one attached to the outside of my cross body purse for outdoor use and one in my pocket for indoor use. Simply push the button with the light pointed to the floor a comfortable step away and away I go. Once I get going, I am fine! For the few of us that have mentioned freezing episodes, this may be a solution for you too.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Laser Light

Post by admin »

Great idea, very resourceful :idea: