Cannabis Oil

This is a forum for "things"- cane/chairs, books, specialized luggage.... anything that has helped, and what hasn't. Add your own tips and reviews.

Moderator: gloria

tropokaty

Cannabis Oil

Post by tropokaty »

Has anyone that lives in a medical marijuana state ever tried cannabis oil for OT? I have heard it works well for MS & seizures.
ivant65

Re: Cannabis Oil

Post by ivant65 »

yes, it worked for me, after watching the rick simpson story,(good read ) I decided to try it, I had to buy cannabis and make it myself, it worked awesome, have to eat a little before bed.
while lying in bed I would get the sensation of blood running down my legs, like veins opening, not a bad sensation, but interesting, do we have blood restriction in our legs, . it worked great, 10 being normal I was eight at least, for a month until it ran out.
purchased oil on line but was not the same, so I'm back to normal, too expensive too make my self.
maybe the other oil I tried was a different strain.

ivant65
tropokaty

Post by tropokaty »

I am going to try this..will let you know what happens. I have heard that much of the oil you order online is not up to standards. Someone is making the RS oil for me. Only 1 person replied is no one else interested in this possibility?
jitterbug2

Post by jitterbug2 »

I had posted a query a few years ago on the efficacy of cannabis to the alleviation of our condition. As I never received a reply I assumed that this might be a taboo subject. Some people with MS that I know swear by the relief from their symptoms (which are similar but patently more disabling than those suffered by the OT community) and I wonder if there are any other positive (or negative) contributions. I have read many of the articles on Yoga, TM, alcohol and other drugs and none of these are wholly confirmatory and would like to hear of any alternative therapies.
Would be happy to receive any feedback.
renaely

Post by renaely »

jitterbug2 wrote:I had posted a query a few years ago on the efficacy of cannabis to the alleviation of our condition. As I never received a reply I assumed that this might be a taboo subject. Some people with MS that I know swear by the relief from their symptoms (which are similar but patently more disabling than those suffered by the OT community) and I wonder if there are any other positive (or negative) contributions. I have read many of the articles on Yoga, TM, alcohol and other drugs and none of these are wholly confirmatory and would like to hear of any alternative therapies.
Would be happy to receive any feedback.

I, too, am interested in anyone's experience with High CBD, Low THC to soothe symptoms. I'm pretty sure it would work as it is a CNS depressant. I had DBS, but, as they say, it's not a cure, so in the future I'd like to know more about that. I CAN say that prior to surgery, I had reasonable success with Valerian Root which is herbal and easily purchased online or at the nutrition store or pharmacy. It doesn't come with the negative side effects or withdrawal of Clonopin which is great. Also, another poster here tried Wellbutrin. It's both a serotonin and dopamine reuptake inhibitor. (Dopamine is what they use for Parkinson's.) I've been on that for several months as well and now I don't have to turn my DBS up so high and the ET in my neck has had significant reduction. Hope this helps.