Aid to use at swimming pool

This is a forum for "things"- cane/chairs, books, specialized luggage.... anything that has helped, and what hasn't. Add your own tips and reviews.

Moderator: gloria

Catherine

Aid to use at swimming pool

Post by Catherine »

Hi all

I would like to go to aqua aerobic classes in my local swimming pool but am nervous about slipping. I am fine once I am in the pool but the trip to and from the pool and changing rooms without anything to hold on to I find difficult. Some one suggested trying a "tripod" type support. Just wonder has any one else tried this or anything else?
Any suggestions would be a great help

Regards
Catherine
gloria

Re: Aid to use at swimming pool

Post by gloria »

Catherine: Prehaps wearing shoes with slip-resistant rubber soles providing adequate traction might help. However if walking a distance from the changing room to the pool is also part of your uneasiness maybe walking with a walker with a seat might help ? I have not experienced such a situation to deal with, I'm only guessing. Gloria
Di Di

Re: Aid to use at swimming pool

Post by Di Di »

yes Gloria and Catherine ....there are light non slip swim shoes ...designed for aqua sports,quite a few people I swim and excerise with wear them...[helps regards cracked tiles etc also]
Regards once out of the pool ,some have a walker waiting or in my case a stick ...ask pool to supply a large high round rubbish bin with out lid at top of steps /ramp to accomadate the sticks ............it really is just a matter of talking to pool managment ,they are there to help and be of service...and they dont know ,what they dont know ...think we have to softly educate ,so they also see how it is for us.....then its a win,win all round ....Didi NZ