essential tremor and orthostatic tremor different symptons

This is a forum for "things"- cane/chairs, books, specialized luggage.... anything that has helped, and what hasn't. Add your own tips and reviews.

Moderator: gloria

hansonkay

essential tremor and orthostatic tremor different symptons

Post by hansonkay »

Hi! this is hansonkay, I am new at this,please bear with me. I have read that most people with orthostatic tremor can't stand for long periods of time and many are in wheel chairs. Is this true? And will i eventially be in a wheel chair? I take Clonazepam 1mg. 3xdaily. I still am exausted most of the time and did go to Mayo clinic for botox shots in the muscles in the back or the neck for about 3 years every 3 month's. Can you get immuned to these botox injection's as i quit going as they are extremly expensive and latlely they did not seem to help at all. I have a strange feeling in my head when i stand and walk for along time. I have to sit down. Any input would help. Thank you hansonkay.
Lorie M

Re: essential tremor and orthostatic tremor different sympto

Post by Lorie M »

I have been to Mayo and have been involved with Dr. Matsumoto's research in neurology. He told me that when my arms and hands shake it is from OT. I have had OT for 15 years or so and am not in a wheelchair. I know a lot of people have worse symptoms than I do. I attribute my "better condition" to a neurologist many years ago. He was not sure what I had but recommended I take Vitamin B and Co enzyme Q 10. I continue to take them along with lorazapam. (ativan) another neurologist recommended a few years ago. I only take one forth of a tablet since I think I will need to up the does but so far have not done that. I talked to Gloria and she said her doctor recommend Co Q 10 also a few years ago. she thinks she is stronger. Perhaps starting that may keep you from the wheel chair. I do not know this but it is recommended for heart too. He said the Co Q 10 had something to do with helping the nerve synapses work better. what ever that is!!!

I tried all those other meds that are used for Parkinson and could not tolerate them.

Sorry to hear you get to join this "club". Hang in there! Find the "how is everyone doing" site on this forum. It helps to hear about other people. I have trouble finding it or I would tell you how.

Lorie M
standsa

Post by standsa »

how much CoQ10 do you take?
Lorie M

Post by Lorie M »

The doctor recommended I take Co Q 10, 100mg 3X day. I did for awhile but decided on my own to take one pill daily. I really should up the dose as recommended. I also take Vit. B and that is suppose to help nerves too. Whether either works I have no idea but am afraid to stop since my tremors seem to be more manageable than some of the other people. Good luck!
Lorie M