Acupuncture!!!!!! It Works!!!!!!

This is a forum for "things"- cane/chairs, books, specialized luggage.... anything that has helped, and what hasn't. Add your own tips and reviews.

Moderator: gloria

Dan P. Murphy

Acupuncture!!!!!! It Works!!!!!!

Post by Dan P. Murphy »

I have been diagnosed with P.O.T. I have had it since Sept. 2009. I have seen 12 different doctors since that time. Only one had ever seen someone doing what I was doing. Dr. Tempel at St. John's Mercy Hospital diagnosed it and said it was permanent. He prescribed clonazeapam. It did not help the tremors and made a zombie out of me. I found a chiropractor who does acupressure and acupuncture. Dr. Mike Fiscella(Wilmington Clinic 4918 Weber Road, St. Louis, MO 63123) is his name. I made my 1st visit to Dr. Fiscella 6/25/2010. I received 5 treatments of acupressure and on the 5th visit he also gave me acupuncture(2 needles in each thigh for 15 minutes). When I stood up after the treatment on 7/7/2010 I no longer have had the tremors!!!!!!! Thank you Lord!!!! What a difference!! The man is a "Miracle Worker" as far as I am concerned. I am still receiving acupressure and acupuncture 2 times a week at this time. My legs are beginning to feel normal! YEAH! Acupuncture is a " piece of cake", no pain, nothing!! IT WORKS! Maybe give it a try. GOOD LUCK! Have a nice day! I sure am, standing still!!!!
Dan P. Murphy
Abinadi

Re: Acupuncture!!!!!! It Works!!!!!!

Post by Abinadi »

Whoa, Dan.

That is an exciting outcome. Now to see how long it lasts for. I hope you will give progress reports.

I have at least one acupuncturist here in the small town i live in, in the western highlands of Panama. If you think it would be well received, perhaps I could contact your man in St. Louis to ensure that the method(s) he used for you would be able to be replicated by the person here I have access to.

I have the Dr. Mike Fiscella (Wilmington Clinic 4918 Weber Road, St. Louis, MO 63123) information. Would you be so kind as to see if he would be willing to share his email address and phone number with me? I would enjoy being able to access him to see if he has any recommendations for the acupuncturist down here. It's really not practical for me to travel to Missouri right now.

Thanks for your posting and the news.
Rich
Dan P. Murphy

Post by Dan P. Murphy »

Rich,
I have an appointment with Dr. Fiscella Monday. I will inform you on what he is willing to do!!!!
Thank you and good luck!
Dan Murphy
Abinadi

Post by Abinadi »

[quote="Dan P. Murphy"]Rich,
I have an appointment with Dr. Fiscella Monday. I will inform you on what he is willing to do!!!!
Thank you and good luck!
Dan Murphy[/quote]

Dan
That would be wonderful.
I have two acupuncturists here (both Chinese-Americans) who are fairly highly regarded. My thinking is that I know there are different specialties and 'schools' within that field, and I would suppose that it would be best to go to the one here that practices a similar method to your acupuncturist with whom you have had success.

Also, if both individuals (the one here and the one in St. Louis) were willing, I could put them in touch with each other in order to accommodate the sharing of experience and technique.

Your success has got me very interested.

Just as a caveat - (if you hadn't already been aware) it probably will be best to use the private message (PM) feature to get that to me under your User Control Panel rather than posting an email address here on the forum "in the clear". There are spybots crawling the web constantly looking for email addresses in forums such as this in order to harvest them for nefarious purposes.

Thanks so much for your willingness to share your successful experience.

Rich
Dan P. Murphy

Post by Dan P. Murphy »

Rich,
Thank you! Trying to help someone else with this is not a problem. I am glad to share my success. I will be in touch.
Dan Murphy
Dan P. Murphy

Post by Dan P. Murphy »

Rich,
I had an appointment today with Dr. Fiscella today. I think he will have some information written for me on Friday.
Dan Murphy
Abinadi

Post by Abinadi »

[quote="Dan P. Murphy"]Rich,
I had an appointment today with Dr. Fiscella today. I think he will have some information written for me on Friday.
Dan Murphy[/quote]

OK and thanks. :D
Dan P. Murphy

Post by Dan P. Murphy »

Kate,
I had in just my legs while standing still.
Dan Murphy
jolarson

Post by jolarson »

Please keep us all updated about acupuncture treatment. We all want to know what success you have in using it. I have thought about it many times but have not asked my doctor about it. From what you are writing it takes a particular method. I will be waiting to hear if it helps...............
Dan P. Murphy

Post by Dan P. Murphy »

I had to cancel my appointment with Dr. Fiscella for Friday. I have to attend a funeral for a friend tomorrow. Will try for Monday with the information on treatments. Acupuncture still working!! 4 weeks yesterday.
Dan Murphy
Abinadi

Post by Abinadi »

[quote="Dan P. Murphy"]I had to cancel my appointment with Dr. Fiscella for Friday. I have to attend a funeral for a friend tomorrow. Will try for Monday with the information on treatments. Acupuncture still working!! 4 weeks yesterday.
Dan Murphy[/quote]

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. My condolences.

===========================================

Well, I'll try to be patient. But it's hard - LOL

Now, we are to understand that this result (in your case) has lessened or eliminated the tremors for this period of time?

Alternative 1
If lessened - to what degree? maybe in percentages?

Alternative 2
Or if eliminated - that means no tremors no matter how long standing, or are there limits to your endurance before tremors recommence?

Regardless of which alternative it is, is repeated treatment on a cyclical basis necessary to maintain the effect?

In the case of both of the above alternatives, what has been the effect on muscle weakness, tiredness, aching (these aspects of OT are every bit as bad as the tremors themselves for me).

Oooo - this is so exciting. :!:

Rich
Betty

Post by Betty »

Hi Dan,

I just finished a 'post', hit the wrong key and off it went ~ into cyberspace! :roll: Soooo, I will try again.

I have been reading your correspondence with Rich and am VERY interesting in what your doctor has to tell you.

As Jo wrote: "We all want to know what success you have in using it."

Also, Rich wrote: "If lessened - to what degree? maybe in percentages?".....And: "Or if eliminated - that means no tremors no matter how long standing, or are there limits to your endurance before tremors recommence?"

Rich also wrote: "In the case of both of the above alternatives, what has been the effect on muscle weakness, tiredness, aching (these aspects of OT are every bit as bad as the tremors themselves for me)."

I have the same problems Rich mentioned; muscle weakness, tiredness and aching in the legs; especially after trying to 'stand' for too long.

We are all excited about your news and look forward to your next post.

Betty
Dan P. Murphy

Post by Dan P. Murphy »

I have not had the wiggles(tremors)since July 7th the first day I received acupuncture. I have been on my legs for long periods of time without tremors. My legs are not as strong as they were at one time but they are continuing to improve. They are still somewhat sore but the soreness is being worked out with acupressure and acupuncture. I started with treatments 3 times a week, I have been receiving the treatments 2 times a week since. This past week I had only 1 treatment because of other committments. I have not ANY tremors at any time!!!
Dan Murphy
Betty

Post by Betty »

Hi Dan,

I think everyone on this site will be following your progress and wanting to know ALL the details!

One question I have is, where do you live?

Gloria has encouraged everyone who signs up to add where they are located so if someone happens to be close to you, they might want to get together with you to compare notes and just talk. It isn't necessary to put your full address, just location. If you would, please go back to your profile and add your location. Mine shows I live in Longwood, FL.

I think all of us would like to know just what kind of acupuncture/acupressure you are receiving so perhaps we can find someone who could do the same thing. This is very exciting news and I hope you remain tremor (wiggle) free.

Awaiting your next post.

Betty
Dan P. Murphy

Post by Dan P. Murphy »

Betty,
I live in Imperial, MO just south of St. Louis.
Dan Murphy