Acupuncture!!!!!! It Works!!!!!!

This is a forum for "things"- cane/chairs, books, specialized luggage.... anything that has helped, and what hasn't. Add your own tips and reviews.

Moderator: gloria

Dan P. Murphy

Re: Acupuncture!!!!!! It Works!!!!!!

Post by Dan P. Murphy »

Rich and all others,
Sorry!!! I didn't get the information today. The Doctor should have it for me this Friday! He was out of town for a wedding this week and it slipped his mind. Sorry!!!!!!!
Dan Murphy
Dan P. Murphy

Post by Dan P. Murphy »

Rich and all others,
The Doctor was out of town this week attending a wedding and did not have the information ready. He forgot. I think he will have it ready for me on Friday.
Dan Murphy
Abinadi

Post by Abinadi »

[quote="Dan P. Murphy"]Rich and all others,
Sorry!!! I didn't get the information today. The Doctor should have it for me this Friday! He was out of town for a wedding this week and it slipped his mind. Sorry!!!!!!!
Dan Murphy[/quote]
Not to worry. It's all good.
When you get it, that's when you'll get it to us.
I'm retired anyway and enjoying myself as much as possible.

Rich
Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach »

Do you think my mother would benefit from Acupuncture treatment? She spoke to a Dr. in Georgia, but has not been in to see him yet. He is a
Chriopractor. Any advise you can give will be greatly appreciated. My mother lives in Brunswick-St Simons Island, Georgia. That is located 60 miles
S. of Savannah,Ga & 60 miles North of Jacksonville, Fla. There is a Mayo Clinic that she has been to in Jacksonville. Keep on pushing. Great to hear you have had some good results. Maggie, Redford Twp., Mich.
Dan P. Murphy

Post by Dan P. Murphy »

Rich and all others concerned,
It has worked for me!!!! I have not had any tremors since July 7. Thank you Lord!!!! Here is the program that he has used with me, copied from a letter he gave me. Good Luck!
Wilmington Clinic
4918 Weber Rd
St. Louis, MO 63123
314-353-1477
314-631-3060 (fax)
www.thewilmingtonclinic.com

8/12/10
The following is a short description of Mr. Dan M.'s condition and treatment. I met Dan on 6/25/10 suffering from what he called "Primary Orthostatic Tremors" of his lower extremity. After taking his medical history and examination, it was determined that he also had multiple myofascial trigger point complexes (commonly referred to as acupoints) in his lower extremity, pelvic region and erector spinae muscle groups. This included the golgi tendon apparatus about his knees and muscle spindles in his quadriceps. Initially, treatment consisted of ischemic compression of said regions. As the latent and secondary trigger points responded, acupuncture was begun in what was determined to be the most "active" triggers which in this case were the muscle spindles of the rectus femoris and the golgi tendon apparatus about the knee joint bilaterally. Dan's condition has continued to respond to this course of treatment.

Respectfully submitted,
Dr. M.J. Fiscella, D.C.,D.A.B.C.O.,F.A.C.O.
Abinadi

Post by Abinadi »

Thank you Dan, for your willingness to help others and taking the time to convey this information to us.

I appreciate it very much. Now to see what we can do with it.

Rich
kate

Post by kate »

Dan,
I am so happy for you. I hope the progress continues. Please keep us posted. Just last night my neighbor, who is a doctor, was telling me that if he were me he would be trying acupuncture. Hmmmm. Thanks again for sharing.

Kate
Dan P. Murphy

Post by Dan P. Murphy »

Kate,
Thanks! Good Luck!
Dan Murphy
gloria

Post by gloria »

Dan: I have been viewing with intense interest your acupuncture experience and the success you are having as a result. For years the reports from OT people who have had acupuncture including myself were not successful. I believe the method and areas of the accupuncture must be the answer. I know that it is unlike the treatments I experienced. Thank you and Dr. Fiscella for sharing this information, hopefully it will bring relief to our struggling OT community. With much appreciation, Gloria
Dan P. Murphy

Post by Dan P. Murphy »

Acupuncture!!!!!! It Works!!!
I would like to hear from anyone who is trying the procedure that Dr. Fiscella used on me. My legs are continuing to get stronger. I have not experienced
any more tremors since my first acupuncture session on July 7th. I still have soreness in the legs but it continues to lessen. I am continuing with acupuncture and acupressure. It is working!! Thank you Lord!! You all are in my prayers. Good luck!!!!!
Dan Murphy
Joan

Post by Joan »

Hi Dan,
Just wondering if you are still doing well with the accupuncture and how you are? Mike, did you ever try it?
Dan P. Murphy

Post by Dan P. Murphy »

Hi Joan,
I have not had any wiggles for 3 months and 2 days. Thank you Lord! My legs continue to get stonger all the time. I even have returned to umpiring high school girls fast pitch softball. I continue to see Dr. Fiscella one day a week. He gives me acupressure to the back and legs, that is done with the hands, no needles. I'm wondering if anyone has tried Dr. Fiscella's method? Is it working? Good Luck! You are in our prayers!
Dan Murphy
kate

Post by kate »

Hi Dan,
I am so glad you are doing so well. There were no needles at all in your treatment? I just wanted to make sure I was understanding correctly. I live in the Kansas City area and have been doing some research to locate a good dr here that would be willing to use the procedure your dr used. I am so glad you are able to get back to some of the things that you enjoy.

Kate
Dan P. Murphy

Post by Dan P. Murphy »

Kate,
I didn't have acupuncture until the 5th visit to Dr. Fiscella. I received some after that also. There is nothing to it! If you closed your eyes you wouldn't know where they were. I haven't wiggled since the first treatment.
I am now receiving acupressure once a week.
Dan Murphy
kate

Post by kate »

Hi Dan,
Thanks for the information. Just to make sure I have this straight. You did the acupressure first. Did you notice any results with that or was it just after the acupuncture that you noticed a change? I was also curious if it has been hard to regain the strength in your legs? Thanks and have a great day.

Kate