Acupuncture!!!!!! It Works!!!!!!

This is a forum for "things"- cane/chairs, books, specialized luggage.... anything that has helped, and what hasn't. Add your own tips and reviews.

Moderator: gloria

Dan P. Murphy

Re: Acupuncture!!!!!! It Works!!!!!!

Post by Dan P. Murphy »

Kate,
I noticed a slight change for the better with acupressure, but the tremors ceased immediately after the first 15 minutes of acupuncture!! My legs are not where they were when this started but are continuing to improve. I can do what I want without any problems.
Dan Murphy
Dan P. Murphy

Post by Dan P. Murphy »

Today marks 4 months that I haven't wiggled!! Thank you Lord!! I am continuing to make progress with my legs. I'm still looking for people who have tried Dr. Fiscella's method. I would like to think this will work for others. Good Luck!!!! You are all in my prayers!!
Dan Murphy
SBMum

Post by SBMum »

Dan
I would be very interested in getting more info from you on exactly what points your acupuncturist uses -- is there a way that I could have your acupuncturist and mine get in touch? I did attempt to send you an email with my email address.....I'd really appreciate any info you could get me and that your acupuncturist is willing to share as acupuncture has helped me with other health issues in the past.
thanks
Lynne
Dan P. Murphy

Post by Dan P. Murphy »

Lynne,
Just came back from Dr. Fiscella. He has received the fax. He will be answering shortly. My understanding of the situation is that he just can't tell your Dr. where to stick you. He uses his hands to find the rough spots and then sticks these areas. He gave me 5 treatments with his hands before he used acupuncture. I see you are a teacher. Are you still teaching? I taught for 30 years. GOOD LUCK!!! You are in my prayers!!
Dan Murphy
SBMum

Post by SBMum »

thanks, Dan - I guess my acupuncturist is on her own!!
yes, I'm still teaching (I run a computer lab at an elementary school) but may not for much longer as I'm unable to stand up to do my work!

Lynne
Dan P. Murphy

Post by Dan P. Murphy »

Lynne,
Hang in there! Keep on trying. Dr. Fiscella thinks the Dr. has to find those trigger points on there own. He thinks it would be different for each condition. His work was all done with his hands before he placed any needles in me. Good luck!!!
Dan Murphy
SBMum

Post by SBMum »

thanks again, Dan. I see her tomorrow, we'll see what she says. it doesn't sound like your doc is a licensed acupuncturist or he would have been able to give her the specific points to hit -- we'll give it a try anyhow.
Lynne
Dan P. Murphy

Post by Dan P. Murphy »

Lynne,
He is licensed but he seems to think that the spot that he used on me will not work for everyone. He says you need to find those trigger points by using your hands. Good Luck! You are in our prayers!! Keep me informed.
Dan Murphy
SBMum

Post by SBMum »

hmmmm....well my acupuncturist whom I saw today says she needs the exact points that he used with you as a starting point as she's never dealt with tremor before -- I believe that the points are called something like "stomach 4", "gall bladder 6" - those aren't real points I'm just making them up as examples. she tried some points near my knees and thighs today - but no difference.

thanks anyway, I guess it was worth a try - I wish it had worked but apparently there's something being lost in the translation!! perhaps if your guy had an email and was willing to email with her, I might have more luck.

Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for trying.

Lynne
Dan P. Murphy

Post by Dan P. Murphy »

Lynne,
Happy Thanksgiving! I will see my Dr. on Friday Dec. 3rd. I will see if he can give a specific point. Good Luck!! Hang in there!
Dan Murphy
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Hi Dan
Please send me your Dr phone number or email so my Dr can be in contact with him .Mine says its quite ethical to do so .My email address is videoman1949@yahoo.com
Thanks
Mike
:P
SBMum

Post by SBMum »

thanks, Dan - I'd really like to achieve the success that you did and my acupuncturist is really eager to try - she's helped me a lot with other health issues. However she has no chiropractic background and is very much a "pure" acupuncturist who goes by the specific points.

thanks and I hope you're enjoying your Thanksgiving Day!
Lynne
Dan P. Murphy

Post by Dan P. Murphy »

Lynne,
I'm sorry but I didn't get Dr. Fiscella to name a specific point. He thinks it's a hands thing. Find the problem area with your hands then insert the needles. All I can tell you is the first time he stuck me he placed 2 needles in each thigh. One 3 or 4 inches above the knee the other 4 or 5 inches further up. SORRY!!! Good Luck! You are in my prayers.
Dan Murphy
SBMum

Post by SBMum »

thanks, Dan. My acupuncturist has been experimenting but so far nothing.
Lynne
Dan P. Murphy

Post by Dan P. Murphy »

Lynne and others!!!!!
Hopefully some of you are receiving some results from acupuncture!!! I would like to here from some of you have tried it and hopefully some positive results.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!
Dan Murphy