The OT Travel / ID Info Card !

This is a forum for "things"- cane/chairs, books, specialized luggage.... anything that has helped, and what hasn't. Add your own tips and reviews.

Moderator: gloria

admin
Site Admin

Re: here's the new - The OT Travel/ID Info Card !

Post by admin »

At the Omaha meeting there was a discussion about the OT travel cards. One real concern was the need to carry a small card. For example, "what if I am stopped while driving and need to explain why I can't stand".

As a result, a modified a design for an OT wallet sized card is available to download. It contains a larger "International Symbol of Access", a brief general description and how to get more information if needed.

This new card has been setup to print on a variety of business card templates that are available for desktop printers and at local print shops. Please let me know if access to a printer, or copy shop is a problem, we could try to setup a process to send cards. Also, let us know if this new version would be helpful in other languages.

http://bit.ly/OTwalletCard

admin
Site Admin

Re: here's the new - The OT Travel/ID Info Card !

Post by admin »

Cafepress website is now offering the OT card design on their website and you can order OT cards directly from them.

Hopefully you will find this a convenient and economical way to order cards, but you can always download the files from the link below and print your own.

IMPORTANT - CafePress does offer nice products and their customer service has been very responsive to my questions. But, I do not receive any profits or incentives from Cafepress. If you have any issues or questions you will need to contact Cafepress for assistance.

I have turned off any markup or commissions so hopefully the price will remain low. Currently it appears to be $0.17 per card (US). As a test I ordered the minimum amount of 24 cards to view the quality and the shipping was free. I chose the glossy cards and the quality was very good. I received my order in 5 days. The total for my order was $4.08 which included the free shipping (this price may change). The photo below is of the order that I received.

The least expensive method would be for anyone to download the files from the OT website, but if you don't have a color printer this may be a good option.

Click on the following link to view and order the card from CafePress:
http://bit.ly/OT_cardsOrder

Click on the following link to download the files and print your own cards:
http://bit.ly/OT-travelCard

In the upper right of the CafePress website you can choose other currencies: AUD/CAD/GBP/EUR/USD. I believe that the cards are printed in the US. I ordered and received the cards within the US, so check any shipping costs if ordering from outside of the US.

If you find any other services to print these cards please let everyone know.

Marianne

Re: The OT Travel / ID Info Card !

Post by Marianne »

I am interested in finding out where I can purchase the tags shown holding the tags. Anyone out there that can assist?
gloria

Post by gloria »

Marianne : Did you try the suggested way of ordering them in the posting above ?
Marianne

Post by Marianne »

Sorry what I meant was where I could purchase the clear colored holders that the cards slip into
gloria

Post by gloria »

Hi! Marianne: I don't know for sure but perhaps a place like Staples. Gloria
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Marianne

The original badge holders in the photo were purchased from Walmart and found in their office/stationary supply aisle. I believe a package of 5 or 10 was a couple dollars.... and the rubber bands in the photo were elastic hair bands, but you might also find that a lanyard may be convenient too. Also, many luggage tags are made to hold business cards.

Eventually I will alter the card design to fit one of the custom printed luggage tags on the CafePress website.

Here's a link to similar badge holders from the Amazon website for reference, but you should also be able to find them locally if that is easier? And office supply companies such as Staples may also have some ideas on how to laminate the cards too.

Badge holders on Amazon

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

A new translation of the OT Travel card is available in French - Tremblement Orthostatique Primaire from the link below. Many thanks to Claudia and Katia of the French TOP Group for the translation.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The OT shop on the Cafepress website is now offering an OT Luggage Tag and you can order them directly from Cafepress. I hope that you find these helpful. The 4.25" x 2.5" tag is printed on both sides and is currently $4.99. Even though it is described as a "luggage tag" I would think that this would be helpful in other applications too.

You can view this Luggage tag and the OT information cards from the link below:

http://bit.ly/OT_shop

You can also download and print your own cards from this link:

In the upper right of the CafePress website you can choose other currencies: AUD/CAD/GBP/EUR/USD. I believe that the cards are printed in the US and CafePress will ship internationally, but check on the cost before ordering.

This is offered as a convenience and please contact Cafepress if you have any concerns. To keep the price reasonable, we have not added a markup to the price and the cost is direct to Cafepress. They do offer a 30-day guarantee, shipping costs are not refundable.
Shorty

Post by Shorty »

I could have used this last year when I had trouble getting through security. I was randomly picked to go through one of those scanners where you put your arms up and hold still. It is done in seconds of course, but I didn't have seconds before I was in tremor mode. The screener was convinced that I was hiding something and that was why I was "nervous". Of course, my cane was separated to go through the xray machine. Fortunately my travel companions, supported my need to be reunited with my cane but by then the embarrassment had set in. This card would have explained what she saw. At this point, I knew I was shakey but hadn't worked out the why. Having a diagnosis is certainly helpful.
gloria

Post by gloria »

Shorty: OT people should always ask for a wheelchair when entering an airport, this way :

"A passenger can request to be screened while seated if he or she cannot walk or stand during screening. If a passenger cannot or chooses not to be screened by imaging technology or a walk-through metal detector, the passenger will be screened using a thorough patdown procedure instead."

http://1.usa.gov/13gkMQu
Emmone

Post by Emmone »

Hi

A while ago I posted that I was going on a Baltic cruise and had translated the card into various languages (Dutch, German, Estonian, Russian, Finnish, Swedish and Danish). I didn't need to worry as everyone spoke English well enough for me to explain. The only place I needed to use the card was waiting to go through passport control at the port in St Petersburg, Russia. I was left standing alone and, of course, the tremors started. There was an officer nearby and I waved the card towards him, he read the translation and another desk was opened immediately, it had worked like a dream!

The other thing I did was arranged a wheelchair at both Airports, when I showed the card at Schipol (Amsterdam, Nethrelands) I was found a seat and wheelchair immediately.

I will not be worried about travelling again.....and I had a great cruise.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

>I will not be worried about travelling again.....and I had a great cruise.

Such great news!

Glad to hear that the card is helpful and very smart of you to have translated it into additional languages as a backup plan.
Marianne

Post by Marianne »

I contacted Cafe Press recently and was told that the OT cards were no longer being printed by them.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Marianne

Unfortunately Cafe Press no longer prints the OT cards. But, you can download the artwork from this LINK and either print them at home, or bring the file to a local office supply such as Staples and they can print the cards.

On the OT card download page there is a file titled "OT card for online printing - English" this file can be uploaded to websites that print cards such as Vistaprint.com - Link to print card setup.