The OT Travel / ID Info Card !

This is a forum for "things"- cane/chairs, books, specialized luggage.... anything that has helped, and what hasn't. Add your own tips and reviews.

Moderator: gloria

gloria

The OT Travel / ID Info Card !

Post by gloria »

There have been a couple requests for a card that helps identify ourselves and explain our needs. The parameters were to make the card easily identified using universal symbols, easy to understand, and easy to use.

Follow the instructions to print out the card, or if you are coming to the meeting we should have a few printed and waiting.

Click to view the OT travel card

Also, if anyone would like a card in another language please post the translation and we'd be glad to make a new version.
admin
Site Admin

business card format

Post by admin »

Thanks to Chris for sending in the OT travel card in a business card format!

This file will print 10 "business cards" on a single page when using Avery Business card stock item number 5371, 9371 and/or 8871.

link to file

click on the OT Business Card. pdf link to download the file
George Allen

Re: here's the new - The OT Travel/ID Info Card !

Post by George Allen »

Thank you to whomever for taking the time to design the two medical notices.
gloria

Post by gloria »

George: The whomever is Jeff(admin)

Gloria
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Dave,

I've uploaded the word doc that Chris sent to me of the original card in the avery format, hopefully this will work for you.

link

look for the card_doc.zip file
admin
Site Admin

new spanish version

Post by admin »

Thanks to MikeS for sending in a spanish translation, we now have a spanish version of the travel card.

http://www.orthostatictremor.org/card/

or download from the following page:

http://www.orthostatictremor.org/filebox/
gardenwoman

Post by gardenwoman »

Thank you so much for supplying the card details. I have printed off a page full, and now look forward to using them. It will be a good way, I hope, of passing the message around to the public. Somehow it seems as if it might give a little more understanding from shops etc.......we shall see! I would be interested to know what reaction others have had when giving someone a card.
franann50

Post by franann50 »

This is a wonderful idea!!! Thank you sooooooooooo very much!!
Fran
sharonmathews

Post by sharonmathews »

I am so happy to have the OT Travel Card. This will make it so much easier than having to explain the situation over and over again. Thank You so much for coming up with this idea.
Sharon
marian

Post by marian »

Thanks for the travel card. I carry some in my purse, but also have given them to my physical therapist, dentist, and dermatologist. It's easier than trying to explain!

Bea
Kristine Edwards

Post by Kristine Edwards »

The first time I used my OT Travel/ID card was in a loooong queue,waiting for photo prints.
The gentleman behind me to whom I showed the card, so he would mind my place while I found a seat, kept the card saying he would keep it for future use for himself!
However I found it very useful when I have gone for x rays and other appointments.
It is a great idea and I carry several laminated ones in my purse at all times. Thank you
Betty

Post by Betty »

Hi to all....

I think we all have Jeff to thank for the OT Travel/ID Cards; he had those when we had our first OT Meeting at the Mayo Clinic. I asked Jeff if I could have more than a couple to send to friends with whom I correspond and were unable to attend the meeting; he told me to take all I wanted. I have sent several to friends and they use them all the time ~ as do I. It is so helpful and such an easy way to explain our problem.

Thanks again Jeff!

This is to SHARON: I noticed on the forum you live in Brandon, FL, which is near Tampa. I live in Longwood, which is in the Orlando/Altamonte Springs area. If you haven't had the opportunity to meet or talk to anyone else who has OT; perhaps we could get together. It certainly helps to be able to see and talk to someone else who understands what you are experiencing.

Do you plan to attent the meeting in Atlantic City in October? If so, you will find it very enlightening and enjoyable. Everyone is in the same boat, and lots of information is shared.

Betty
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

found on the TSA website for Travelers with Disabilities and Medical Conditions:
A passenger can request to be screened while seated if he or she cannot walk or stand during screening. If a passenger cannot or chooses not to be screened by imaging technology or a walk-through metal detector, the passenger will be screened using a thorough patdown procedure instead.
http://1.usa.gov/13gkMQu
Betty

Post by Betty »

Thank you again, Jeff, you keep us up to date and well informed.

Betty
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

A new version of the OT Travel card is available in German ( thank you Gisela!)

Click to view the OT travel card

------

Also, if anyone would like a card in another language please post the translation and we'd be glad to make a new version (the text of the card is below). The wording is not perfect but the goal was to make it quick and easy to read.

-----

Thank you for your assistance
and understanding.

I have a movement disorder called Orthostatic Tremor. I can walk but when standing still my legs quickly become unsteady, I lose my balance and urgently need to sit

For more information visit
http://www.orthostatictremor.org