Zoloft

This is the "main" forum that contains new introductions and other topics. A place to talk about your experiences, thoughts and advice.

Moderator: gloria

anita

Zoloft

Post by anita »

I have had OT since 1996. It started shortly after I began taking Zoloft. I've always wondered if there's a relationship between the drug and the OT. The neurologist I saw at the time, before I learned that I had OT and who had no idea of what was wrong, said that there may have been an underlying condition that was triggered by the Zoloft. (Of course, I haven't taken it since then.) Not that it matters, of course, at this point, since the OT is apparently a permanent condition.

But I've been curious. Has anyone else found that Zoloft, or any other SSRI, seemed to trigger OT?
Ranger221

Re: Zoloft

Post by Ranger221 »

I was just wondering the same thing about medications. I was diagnosed two weeks ago . I’m having a hard time
Excepting it since I also am trying to withdraw from Valium I have been taking for over 30 years. So many of the OT symptoms are the same as withdrawals. I’m shaking all over with internal vibrations. Better on sitting still but not gone.
I would like to know if any of the patients on here have also been on long term Valium or any other benzo.