" long term condition"

This is the "main" forum that contains new introductions and other topics. A place to talk about your experiences, thoughts and advice.

Moderator: gloria

lindainnd

" long term condition"

Post by lindainnd »

Hi, I have had OT for over 14 yrs. I currently am at a stage where I can only stand long enough to get out of chair or bed to walk but need to sit when I know there will be standing involved. When I sit I notice at times tremors are starting. in past, a strict healthy diet, quick pace walking and floor exercise helped some. I have not read any questions about what happens when we need assistance all the time with a wheelchair but do not have any family or financial support? What has happened to people in the long term? Thank-you, Linda
gloria

Re: " long term condition"

Post by gloria »

Hi ! Linda : OT is progressive with time however 14 years is a short period of time for you to have reached the standing time you are in at the present however it might be because your OT started at an older age. In answer to your question perhaps you need to ask your community town office about your situation and they can direct you to a department that knows of living quarters available for you . Gloria