Hello! Just diagnosed in Philly area

This is the "main" forum that contains new introductions and other topics. A place to talk about your experiences, thoughts and advice.

Moderator: gloria

planetjanetr

Hello! Just diagnosed in Philly area

Post by planetjanetr »

I was just diagnosed on Fri with OT. My symptoms started almost exactly 2 years ago, or I should say I started to notice symptoms around then. I was diagnosed at the Pennsylvania Hospital Movement Disorder Center in Philly by Dr Chahine. This was my second visit, a 6 month followup. She and a resident made the diagnosis with a stethoscope and it was a revelation for them and for me. The resident practically jumped back when he could hear the tremor in my leg and I was like "YES!" since to that point I felt like no one could see what I was feeling and it was hard to described to them.

Although I am not sure yet what OT will mean to my quality of life or how the treatments will help or not help, I feel validated after 2 years of doctors and tests. I had seen 4 neurologists, an ENT, an endocrinologist and hematologist, etc trying to rule out things and ultimately getting the 'we don't know until more symptoms show up'. I had 2 head MRIs, a back MRI, lots of bloodwork, the full ENT balance study, etc. I have an Aunt with MS so was concerned I had MS but that seems to be ruled out. Dr Chahine is not sure if all my symptoms are related but at least the shaky feelings, not wanting to free stand for any length of time, not wanting to climb ladders at all anymore, not liking walking down stairs or bending over to pick something up, at least these are explained by this condition I believe. The one thing I have that I haven't seen mentioned, but I am still new in my research, is the heady feeling I have. Always feel disconnected and concentration is hard. I am excited to try treatment and see what symptoms are reduced or disappear and what is left.

Excited to find this forum! :)