After Illness

This is the "main" forum that contains new introductions and other topics. A place to talk about your experiences, thoughts and advice.

Moderator: gloria

bevnix

After Illness

Post by bevnix »

Hello,
I recently had a bout of Acute Bronchitis and now that I have recovered I seem to have more shakiness than ever. Anyone else had this experience?
Thanks
Bevnix
margie1627

Re: After Illness

Post by margie1627 »

My experience has been that any anxiety provoking condition--right now I have a broken arm--increases tremors, probably because of anxiety. I wonder if others agree. Margie
gloria

Post by gloria »

Margie: I'm so sorry you broke your arm and I agree that anxiety provoking conditions can increase tremors. I wonder too if in such situations could it also be adrenaline rush that usually occurs during stressful, anxiety events that might increase tremors ??????? Hope your arm heals quickly...... please keep us updated. Gloria
bevnix

Post by bevnix »

Thank you both for answering my question.
Bevnix
jitterbug2

Post by jitterbug2 »

Bev,
As an Asthmatic with a history of bronchial ailments I can testify that a severe bout will add to anxiety and confirm that anxiety exacerbates whatever it is that causes our debilitaing tremor. From my own observations I find that air travel increases the incidence of chest infections and recovery from the general debilitation of flying has caused me to be more reticent on committing to any international travel by air. I had wondered whether there might be a causative link between air travel and the onset of OT and that is yet to be established since, as far as we know, there is no OT sufferer who has never been airborne. Or has there?
andreamartinez

Post by andreamartinez »

Every condition has different effect. But if you feel better with your condition like no cough at all and breathing is good despite of shaky feeling, that's fine. If not and you want to make sure, then consult with your doctor immediately. I have a friend who work at tl brown law and he has chronic bronchitis. And according to what I found out, chronic was worst health condition than acute bronchitis. Anyway, regardless, bronchitis is still an illness. Just be mindful for your body and talk to your doctor if unusual things happen to you.