Diet and OT

This is the "main" forum that contains new introductions and other topics. A place to talk about your experiences, thoughts and advice.

Moderator: gloria

snickers

Diet and OT

Post by snickers »

It's interesting to me that we don't discuss diet and foods very much here on this site.
I was diagnosed in 2013, and at that time ate anything and everything.
I was 50 lbs overweight ,also taking high blood pressure medicine,high cholesterol medicine had GERD ,also arthritis and many other diet related conditions.
That same year I gave up meat,dairy ,processed foods,also and started eating a plant based diet.
At the the present time all the chronic disease symptoms have gone and I am 50 lbs lighter (I am 65).I take no medications.

On those occasions when I fall off the plant based way of eating , I notice the tremor to be much more debilitating, the legs feel heavier, the tremors seem to extend higher in the body,I have to lean more heavily on counters etc.

Just wondering what others experiences are.

"Let food be thy medicine"......Hippocrates

Thanks
Merry Christmas!
gloria

Re: Diet and OT

Post by gloria »

Snickers: Good for you ! .......the fact that you have lost 50 lbs. certainly will help with your manuevring and balance with OT. If you look up one of our OT members here on the website called Golfnut has been controlling her OT with diet too. Please keep us posted on your continuing success I think people are getting more health conciousness and Veggies are leading the way. Gloria