I tried Wellbutrin (Bupropion) . Think it works for me.

This is the "main" forum that contains new introductions and other topics. A place to talk about your experiences, thoughts and advice.

Moderator: gloria

Tigermoth

I tried Wellbutrin (Bupropion) . Think it works for me.

Post by Tigermoth »

Dear All,
I`ve waited a few months before sending this post. I have found some relief from taking a med with few side effects. In the UK the drug is markets as an anti-smoking treatment. In the US as an antidepressant. Bupropion or Wellbutrin are the common names (Zyban in UK)
I gave it a try because it acts on our neurotransmitters, without `zonking`.
I wanted to see if by any chance that might influence some of the OT symptoms. I think it has helped, I have not deteriorated during the time in question (and was going downhill fast).
It should be a coincidence, but I am not sure about that. However I thought I should share with the group at this stage.
Please let know what you think. I reckon it's worth a try but wouldn't dream of telling others what to do.
All best wishes to everyone,
Mairi
gloria

Re: I tried Wellbutrin (Bupropion) . Think it works for me.

Post by gloria »

Good to hear from you again Mairi, you are always searching for different possible avenues of help with OT and I'm glad you found something that is helping for you! Anything that helps make our lives better is worth trying.

Thanks always , Gloria
renaely

Re: I tried Wellbutrin (Bupropion) . Think it works for me.

Post by renaely »

Tigermoth wrote:Dear All,
I`ve waited a few months before sending this post. I have found some relief from taking a med with few side effects. In the UK the drug is markets as an anti-smoking treatment. In the US as an antidepressant. Bupropion or Wellbutrin are the common names (Zyban in UK)
I gave it a try because it acts on our neurotransmitters, without `zonking`.
I wanted to see if by any chance that might influence some of the OT symptoms. I think it has helped, I have not deteriorated during the time in question (and was going downhill fast).
It should be a coincidence, but I am not sure about that. However I thought I should share with the group at this stage.
Please let know what you think. I reckon it's worth a try but wouldn't dream of telling others what to do.
All best wishes to everyone,
Mairi

Mairi - I went on Wellbutrin as well...arguably to quit smoking (filty habit) and reduce my fatigue. Within 2 days, this damned pesky tremor in my neck quit. More importantly, I feel great! I'm hoping it's not a fluke, but this is the first time I've turned my DBS down to 3.0. Even in stress positions (hands and knees (scrubbing rugs), I've noticed a total reduction in my tremor. I was looking around and they use Dopamine for Parkinsonian tremor. Wellbutrin is a Dopamine reuptake inhibitor. I'm seriously wondering, since they can't decide whether OT is more closely aligned with ET or Parkinsons, if this pretty much proves the case that it's Parkinsonian-type tremor.