Ruptured Brain Aneurysm

This is the "main" forum that contains new introductions and other topics. A place to talk about your experiences, thoughts and advice.

Moderator: gloria

Njgrdnr

Ruptured Brain Aneurysm

Post by Njgrdnr »

Hello fellow OTers. I've had OT since 1995 with a confirming diagnosis in 2002. It has been progressing, but for the most part (not always), I'm coping ok. Now a new wrinkle -- a little over a week ago I had a brain aneurysm rupture seemingly out of the blue. Because of a wonderful set of rare circumstances, I got the right help very quickly and did not die, which was a real possibility. I had to literally fight in rehab to get them to understand that some of the "symptoms" they "observed@ while I was in rehab were not from the ruptured aneurysm, but OT. I finally convinced the rehab doctor to talk with my OT neurologist, which helped them evaluate my condition more appropriately. During the doctor-to-doctor conversation, according to the rehab Doctor, my OT doc apparently found it interesting that my aneurysm was located in same area of brain as OT. I won't be able to speak with my OT doc until September, but would be interested if anyone else have any experience with brain aneurysm and OT?
gloria

Re: Ruptured Brain Aneurysm

Post by gloria »

Connie: I'm so sorry to hear about your recent bout with a ruptured brain aneurysm........ very scary !!!!! ..... but I'm so thankful that you made it thru . The fact that your OT doctor found it interesting your aneurysm was located in the same area of the brain as OT I hope when he explains why if you can please let us know. In the meantime take care and keep us posted how you are feeling, Gloria