September is OT Awareness Month

This is the "main" forum that contains new introductions and other topics. A place to talk about your experiences, thoughts and advice.

Moderator: gloria

MikeS

Re: September is OT Awareness Month

Post by MikeS »

Hi Everyone
More good news I have been invited to talk about OT on Talk Radio Europe a radio station for ex pats which covers the whole of Spain and on the internet .Gloria and I have been on there before .I will be on 29th of September at 1.30 pm I think thats cet ...Spainish time anyway.
Keep Smiling
Mike
:D

Below is a link to listen to Talk Radio Europe where you can listen to the broadcast:

http://www.talkradioeurope.net/

You will need to coordinate the schedule with your time zone, and this link may be of help:

http://www.timebie.com/std/spain.php?q=13.5
adrianoconnor

Post by adrianoconnor »

Hi Gloria. Hope you are well. I have been fortunate in getting an article in my local paper. If I can attach it I will. If it does not work lit me know and I will try something else. Best wishes Adrian O'Connor p.s. I will try and send it on an email.
gloria

Post by gloria »

Hi! Adrian: Thank-you so much for the wonderful article you sent to your local paper including the picture of yourself ( handsome fellow)...... all is GREAT and will be posted tomorrow. Gloria
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Adrian

Thank you for sending the article which was published in the Clare Champion Newspaper. It's a very helpful and thoughtful interview. (and you know how to play the bagpipes!)

Thank you for helping to raise awareness of Orthostatic Tremor!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OT is an invisible disease that is so often misunderstood and difficult to understand.

To everyone that has posted their stories or thoughts. Or reached a wider audience through newspapers and other media. The effect is tremendously helpful to many people with OT and to those yet diagnosed. It is this public conversation that informs family, friends and the medical community about Orthostatic Tremor. And raising awareness helps to explain it’s effect on quality of life.

thank you.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Talk Radio Europe - Lifestyle show with Selina MacKenzie hosted Mike Senker and discussed Orthostatic Tremor on Tuesday, September 29th. If you missed the show you can listen from the link below. The discussion starts at 0:15:20 of the recording.

http://bit.ly/RadioTalkEurope_OT
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OT Awareness Month is over - where do we go from here?

It’s been a very busy month and as a result, awareness of Orthostatic Tremor has grown. A selection of events from this month:

- Pat wrote an excellent press release that was sent around the world.

- Many people submitted the press release or their own personal stories about OT to their local newspapers, and several have been published.

- Mike contacted Talk Radio Europe for the September Awareness month and was interviewed on their Lifestyles program.

- Adrian contacted his local newspaper to raise awareness and his interview was published this month.

- The OrthostaticTremor.org website created a new page to help spread awareness. And the OT Facebook page “Info Series” highlighted past and current research/information about Orthostatic Tremor.

- Many new people have "liked" the FB page and shared the OT awareness postings which has greatly extended the reach of the information. https://www.facebook.com/orthostatictremor

Thanks to all that helped to raise awareness!

———

Where do we go from here?

Awareness isn't confined to a day, a month or a year. It's a goal... to help people who may be suffering from OT but have yet to find a diagnosis, to support and encourage research. And to build community.

Talk with friends and family, take time to understand their challenges too, help whenever possible, and share your OT story. Continue to contact your local newspapers (let me know if something is published).

Donate to research - bit.ly/donate2OTresearch

But the first, and most important step is to take care of yourself.

~ wishing you all the best.