Meds for orthostatic tremor

This is the "main" forum that contains new introductions and other topics. A place to talk about your experiences, thoughts and advice.

Moderator: gloria

Patty G

hello from alaska and I have a question

Post by Patty G »

I have been away from the forum for awhile and just read what Kaylie said in May of 2005. She said her doctor said that OT was a familial disease and so her children would inherit it. I didn't think there was enough research on OT for any conclusions to be made about passing it on to children. I know that essential tremor can be passed on but am hoping that it hasn't been determined tha we can pass on OT. Has anyone else been told that it can be passed on?
My daughter just got married last month and I survived the wedding. She came home only one week before the wedding so I spent the whole year responsible for everything and in charge of nothing. She was married at a lodge on an island near Juneau, Alaska. She said that it was the happiest day of her life so it made all the work worth the effort. It is taking some time to recover my energy after finally relaxing.
I am still taking Neurontin; 900 mg 4 times a day. I bump that up by one pill if I am going to be traveling or in crowds. I have started having a choking feeling when traveling or under stressful conditions. I now have to take .25 mg alprazolam for flying anxiety!
I thought my doctor was crazy when she said the feeling was from anxiety until I took some before my next flight. Guess what? No choking feeling. I guess I am more anxious about traveling than I thought I was. Just one more adjustment to living with OT.
I hope you are all having the best summer (if you are in the northern hemisphere) and finding solutions to all the "little" problems OT throws at you. Patty
gloria

Post by gloria »

Hi! Patty: It was so nice to hear from our friend in Alaska and congratulatons on your daughters' wedding. It is always great to hear about happy occasions. In answer to your question, you are right there has been no scientific studies or information indicating that we pass OT on to our children. However, there are always situations in some families where there is a strong predisposition to different disorders. Your OT Partner, Gloria