CoQ10

This is the "main" forum that contains new introductions and other topics. A place to talk about your experiences, thoughts and advice.

Moderator: gloria

Catherine

CoQ10

Post by Catherine »

Hello to everyone and belated Happy Thanksgiving to all in US - was wondering if anyone has taken CQ 10 - a friend recommended it as she had great results when she was suffering from polymyalgia - I know it is not the same as OT but have seen that it may be a help for people with Parkinsons - just putting it out there to see if anyone has tried it

Catherine
Last edited by Catherine on Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gloria

Re: CQ 10

Post by gloria »

Cathrine: Yes, I have been taking CoQ10 for a number of years. As the years go on I feel it might help restore some of the energy that we lose as we age. I read somewhere it is supportive of our nervous system and we certainly need that too ! Thanks, ........ Gloria
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Thanks for the reply Gloria what amount do you take - 100mg a day?
Catherine
gloria

Post by gloria »

Catherine: I take 400 MG per day . My aunt who lived to be 98 recommended CQ 10 to me. I guess it didn't hurt her !! All the best, Gloria
Di Di

Post by Di Di »

I am just on my second month of taking CoQ10 200mg ...1 daily with food .....
Am also taking Marine Magnesium 550mg ..1 daily with food , this to help with cramp,which it seems is another side show of OT ,that I for one find very hard to take , touch wood , seems to be sorting it !!#!....................as Gloria says ,doesn't seem to hurt so worth a try ....Didi NZ
gloria

Post by gloria »

DiDi: I'm glad to see you are interested in trying different supplements to keep our bodies as healthy as possible. OT is a very tiring disorder so the stronger we maintain ourselves the better. Regardless of what I take I find that my day ends around 4:00 in the afternoon and if working at my desk I will find myself nodding off. Of course I have a few more years on me than the rest of you but I bet that most OT people are not "night owls". Any comments? Gloria
Catherine

Re: CoQ10

Post by Catherine »

Hi Gloria
Definitely agree with you about the 4 o'clock - I am 64 - feeling like 94 when it comes to that time of the day - I think it is just the thought of having to cook dinner and all that goes with it - don't know how many TV programmes I really wanted to watch in the evenings but missed as I nodded off. Even at the cinema a couple of weeks ago to see a film that I really was looking forward to called "Philomena" I had to ask my husband to nudge me every so often to make sure I was still awake! Luckily film was so good that I had no problem staying awake.
I blame all the drugs and the effort required to get through the day when standing is required - but then I remind myself that I am lucky that I still can get out of bed and enjoy walks as so many people cannot
Regards
Catherine
Last edited by Catherine on Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Hi Gloria and Di Di

A question for you on CoQ 10 - have been doing some "googling" to do price comparisons and I keep coming across CoQ 10 with ubiquinol and then one with ubiquinone - the former seems to be more suitable for older people but is much more expensive. It does seem that one has to take less of it - really have no idea - just wondering which you are taking - that with ubiquinol or that with ubiquinone?
Maybe it makes no difference.
Di Di I expect you are running marathons now on it ?!

All the best
Catherine
Di Di

Post by Di Di »

Hi Catherine ....interesting , you mention in last post ,I could be running marathons by now ...thanks to CoQ10 ....:)
well the last few weeks have had to be really pushing my self to get going , and in quite a grey mood ,starting to think CoQ10 has something to do with it ....as up to now energy has never been a problem for me ...
Realize we are meant to give these things time ,and be patience.....add to that a wind down to a very busy year............I`m writing this to stall going for my morning swim , enough already !!#! must click off and go.
guess sometimes good things just take time .....Didi NZ
gloria

Post by gloria »

DiDi ,Catherine & All: My perspective on supplements is that all science can do is to present them as aiding in keeping our nutritional system's needs in balance. They do not provide us with a rush of energy or anything close to being able to run a marathon or curing our OT. No miracle pills on the horizon yet!! We need more on going research help in our future so let's keep giving to our NORD OT RESEARCH FUND. Gloria
dottiesport

Re: OT - Experienced over time; the Golfnut story

Post by dottiesport »

it seems that my tremors have gotten worse , I have been in a lot of stress with my son in law having ALS and the family going thru hard times financially ... I feel stress really makes it worse..try to keep my spirits up, just need to get back to an exercise program... Many of you have talked about CO Q10 , how many do you take a day and what have you felt that has helped with taking it? Have not been on this site in some time and hoping we find something to help us with our OT.
Di Di

Post by Di Di »

Hi...Dottiesport asked on Golfnuts thread about CoQ10 ....this is the thread for that discussion,so hope Dottisport see`s it ......and reads through past posts .

I am almost through my 3rd mth of CoQ10 , and all is well in the world ...have just managed really well ,a 10 day bronze workshop, I don't know how one is meant to feel , but at no stage did I need to retire when I was needed for the team effort through the process , though took the opportunity when time allowed for the odd afternoon nap ... :)
Am also taking magnesium daily for cramp , am still experiencing, average once a week, the odd `bad` cluster at night , but is a vast improvement from the early OT days.....found small chewable tablets , Schuessler Tissue salts . much more user friendly ...the marine magnesium I talked of earlier were very large and hard to swallow... Didi NZ