what say others?

This is the "main" forum that contains new introductions and other topics. A place to talk about your experiences, thoughts and advice.

Moderator: gloria

Di Di

Re: what say others?

Post by Di Di »

Hello ....Its been a long time since I have posted ...this `what say others` is meant to be my personal diary of my living with OT ...so been very laxed !!.......I admit I still havnt taken time out to understand the new format , which is 1/2 my problem !!

Life is busy ...all my own doing , my sculpture has first place now as grandchildren are young adults and I`m off the hook with child care ...loved it at the time ...but yeppee now ...:)

Swim , water jog , stretch etc three mornings a week , which make a huge differance to my days and well breing ...PLUS 3 drops of COPAIBA OIL first thing in the morning ...do go on line and read about it ...recomend you buy it thru doTERRA , as you know it will be the pure undiluted oil .....I am still taking my Gabapentin but have gone right down to the lowest daily dose and coping really fine , [had doubled it for a while after a fall ] still have the tremors especially in the mornings , but am relaxed about it all ...able to drive , function, and mostly cope really well ,but always happy to ask for help if need-be ...

My other good news is a very light stylish walker `nip glide` [weights 7 kilos] designed by a local couple here in Wellington NZ ..they have since sold it onto an USA company , to give them finance to design an elevated one ...which I`m hanging out for .......... please go on line and look ..
www.bc2-design.com ... Im in one of their videos , if your interested they will direct you on ....
I sound like a sales man !!...dont mean to be , just SO thrilled it ...now go anywhere ...great for flying..in NZ they will not let you take onto plane ...so order a wheel chair and once the walker comes out with bags ...are able to use or put on top of bag on trolly and use trolley as a walker ...works a charm ......it has given me so much confidence ..

Life is as good as its ever been since diagnose ...know Im slowly getting worst ...but accept that and just keep moving ...always have a plan B and C when I go out , which seems to relax me and enjoy what ever is happening or doing ..

Learnt big lesson last year about over committing ...so have shows ...but plenty of space between , Best Wishes to all ..Didi NZ x
Betty

Post by Betty »

Hello Di Di,

It has been a VERY looooong time since I have posted, but I do check in to read what others post.

You do seem to stay busy, which is good. I find I am not as busy as I used to be. We all know OT is progressive and with each year I realize just how true this is, at least for me. I am now using my walker all the time. I am on clonazepam ~ 2 mg daily. I cut it in half and take 1/2 in the a.m. and 1/2 in the p.m. It does take the edge off, but my tremors are still there.

I do keep a positive attitude and do what I can and not worry about the things I am no longer able to do. I am so happy you are still doing your sculpting; you do such lovely work, and I am sure it is relaxing for you.

Stay well and continue to post.

Betty
Di Di

Post by Di Di »

Dear Betty ....how good to hear from you ....your smiling photo with hubby often pops up , when I am trying to find other photos , so you are in my thoughts , so pleased to read alls as good as it can be for you ...

You and Gloria where there in those early scary days for me ....You kept saying , all will be all right
and how right you were ....think we all work out how to cope and live with OT to suit our needs and way of life.

Think the biggest hurdle is to accept , and that for me happened after I went through a time of huge grief , for what I had already lost and will lose ....once over, becomming much calmer and for me , taking on a sort of personal challange to make my `given` days as good as they can be with OT.....I say `given` because OT is not going to kill me ...something else will , so consider OT not that bad considering ...................sounds a bit airy fairy but works for me :)
Best Wishes
Take Care ....so good to hear from you

Didi xx
Betty

Post by Betty »

Dear Di Di,

So good to hear from you and to know you are doing as well as YOU can, at this point. I am happy to hear Gloria and I were helpful to you when you first learned you have OT. It is a scary time for all of us, I think. But...as time goes on, and one learns to accept what we have and then learn to cope with what lies ahead; we can live our lives. I think that is what we have done.

Gloria was the very FIRST person I met who had OT. We met and had lunch in South Florida. She was so very helpful to me by helping me to understand OT. My goodness, that was so many years ago!

Fortunately, Jeff had talked her into allowing him to put up a website with "her story", so others might see they were not alone. From the first unique website to what he has created today is unbelievable. So many people have found the site and found "friends"; just as we did.

Some we have met, others we may never meet, but we understand and are all willing to offer advice which might be helpful.

Again, so good to hear from you,

Betty