Fighting OT the natural way

This is the "main" forum that contains new introductions and other topics. A place to talk about your experiences, thoughts and advice.

Moderator: gloria

Cheryl

Fighting OT the natural way

Post by Cheryl »

:D Hi Everyone, I haven't visited this site for several months and am glad the forum is up and running. I am a 39 year old mother of 3 who has had OT for the past 7 years. I was diagnosed a year and a half ago and was placed on Neurontin. I didn't like the fact that I would continually be increasing the dosage nor did I like the "warning" that skipping a dose could result in seizures.

I decided to make it my goal to find a natural approach to combatting this affliction. I am happy to report I am completely off all prescribed meds and have not had any tremors for about 4 months now. It has been a slow and steady process to reclaim my health but I would like to share how I did it.

First, I saw a homeopathic MD who discovered I had a mercury toxicity. I had 8 times the normal amount in my body. I began taking chlorella tablets (Sun Chlorella brand - found on the Internet) to detox. I started walking on a treadmill till I worked up a sweat and then continued a few minutes more. (Don't plan any activities after this - my legs were like Jello afterward and I could feel pulsing and throbbing for about 1 hour). I started eating lots - and I mean LOTS of green vegetables and fruits (including blueberries!!!). I cut down on the sugar and caffeine. I started eating more proteins in the morning - like eggs, and cut back on the wheat products. I took a lot of hot baths.

I am in the process of removing fillings from my teeth. Each time I have dental work I feel horrible for about a week. My tremors return and I have no energy.

I just recently started taking Ambrotose (a natural essential sugar) and have weaned myself off the Chlorella. I have never felt better. My legs are feeling stronger and I have no more tremors. I do still feel heaviness when I stand for a long period of time and it is usually worse in the morning.

I hope this can help at least one more person. There is hope!!!! :)