Requip

This is the "main" forum that contains new introductions and other topics. A place to talk about your experiences, thoughts and advice.

Moderator: gloria

valena

Requip

Post by valena »

It has been a while since I have been on line but still have never forgotten the wonderful feeling I had the first time I saw this website. To know others are experiencing the same things I am is a help.
I was wondering if requip has been suggested to any of you. I have been on it along with taking gabapentin . Again, I am believing that the tremors would be maybe worse if I did not take it. I do know it helps my legs from being so restless at night. Before, I was up all hours. I know we keep trying to find something that will make life easier.
I really enjoy all of your comments.
VALENA IN TENNESSEE
ALC

Re: Requip

Post by ALC »

Hi Valena,

I have not tried Requip but when I was diagnosed by the Neurological team at Yale University Medical Center I was asked about my family history. I mentioned having a significant number of family members with restless leg syndrome (and others with epilepsy). The team did research and in the diagnosis report sent to my family Doctor the existence of two medical research cases specifically linking OT and restless leg syndrome were mentioned. Requip is advertised as a drug for RLS.

I thought I had RLS too, but the spontaneous kicking-type tremors I sometimes get were diagnosed as myoclonic tremors. RLS was defined as more of a constant crawling or pins and needles type feeling.

Amy in CT
valena

Post by valena »

Hi Amy ,
Thanks for responding. I have not been told there is a link to Ot with the restless legs but have certainly wondered since I am experiencing both. I take a requip about 5:00pm and another at bedtime with 2 gabatentin. I am resting much better.
It is so good to talk to someone who experiences these feelings of frustration. God bless you daily.
Patty G

Post by Patty G »

Hi everyone,
My mother has had severe restless legs for the past ten years. She is 83 and lives with me. She fell last year and we waited in the emergency room for several hours. She started having trouble with RLS and so I tried rubbing her legs to see if that would help. Her muscle were like rock. I watched as the spasms would lift her leg(s) right off the table. She had surgery last year that has helped some. Before she wasn't getting more than one or two hours of sleep a night, now she gets much more sleep. She gets up about three times a night but goes right back to sleep. She takes two hundred mgs. of Neurontin in the morning and four hundred mgs at bedtime. She also takes Benedryl and Tylenol during the day and that seems to help.
Her doctor has not suggested requip but that might be because my mother takes so many medications for other conditions (she had a stroke, she has diabetes, high blood pressure, etc.). Oh, she also broke her neck in a car accident 57 years ago. She was in a body brace for six months and her two crushed vertebra fused together on their own. She went on to have three full term pregnancies and raise all five of us kids. She doesn't complain of neck or back pain! She is a tough Kansas farm girl.
I hope your legs continue to do better with the Requip and Neurontin. I hadn't heard that OT and RLS were associated. I did know that hand tremors are associated with OT.
Patty G
stella R

Post by stella R »

HELLO
ALL MY FAMILY MEMBERS HAVE RLS QUITE BAD.
I REALLY FEEL THERE IS DEFFINTLY A LINK IN RLS AND OT.
SINCE I HAVE BEEN ON GABAPENTIN MINE HAVE NOT BOTHERED ME.
LEGGE CRAMPS HAVE ALSO GOT SO MUCH BETTER.
I FEEL SO THANKFUL THAT I WAS GIVING THIS DRUG
TAke CARE
ALL
STELLA