apology

This is the "main" forum that contains new introductions and other topics. A place to talk about your experiences, thoughts and advice.

Moderator: gloria

lorna

apology

Post by lorna »

Firstly I must say how sorry I am for not answering all the messages in my inbox, I just had a look and nearly died at the amount of people who have written to me, I just never looked in there, so to all you OT friends, soooooo sorry, I will check it a lot more from now on. :(

Well Mike you sure have got us all talking, it was a great post to get us all into action and sharing all our troubles and thoughts, good on you.

For all the people who have asked me questions I will give you a run down about my meds and how I cope. Firstly I take 2 x 75 mgs each morning of Lyrica, I use to take Neurtontin, but my Neurologist is trialing me on this med, and have been getting it from him at no charge. I find the two meds very similar. But believe if one has to pay its 1/2 the price of Neurontin. But remember what is good for one person is not always suitable to somebody else. I also take a homeopathic med called SAMe from a health shop, this is very high in vitamin B's, this stops the downers that we all get, I started with 3 x 1 per day for about three months, now only take one in the mornings, keeps me on the straight and narrow. Maybe check with your doctor to see if its ok for any of you to take it.
I highly recommend the following to make life easier for all us OT. I have a high stool in the kitchen, and sit on this all the time whilst cooking, dishes, cupps's etc. Shower I have a plastic stool in the shower and also a handle installed which steadies me sitting down, plus the hand held shower head. I covered my bath completely with a piece of wood and painted it the same as the bathroom, (its a huge shelf come seat), put a towel on it to sit on when drying myself. I have a three legged fold up camping stool, this comes everywhere with me, there is always one in each car and its just part of my life. This stool is just such a talking point, I have never been out with it and somebody hasn't commented about it, mostly say "What a good idea", depends on my mood if I tell them why I need it, or just say yes it is a good idea. I can guarantee if you get one, somebody will talk to you, :P (god knows have many I have lost along the way,) these are only about $5 AUD. Its like carrying an umbrella all the time. I hate it but gee it makes my life soooooo much better, especially in super markets, banks, airports etc. But the best thing I purchased is the Wheelie walker, this is for the GOOD shopping, clothes etc, one can sit down and just sort through all the racks, I just love it and don't care what people think to see me motoring along at a good pace, I did have a mental problem at first because these were used mostly for really old people. I got over this mental thing real quick, don't give a damn now.

I am a mad gardener and just live in it, grow my own vegie's and have a lot of roses, azalea's camellia's etc and this garden gives me so much pleasure, and yes I have to sit all the time. My black trackies are always covered in dirt and muck but it all washes out. I have always played sport, golf, etc, but had to stop, so now have hobbies like quilting or genealogy.

So there you have it all, yes life can be a bit crappy, but we must just deal with it and have our whinges and woe's with each other on this site, because people who don't have this problem possibly don't give us a second thought.

I would be interested if anybody has contacted their neurologist about the new imaging machine for brain scanning (New News on our site). I know there is non in Australia at present but UK or USA may have them.!!!!! This machine may be able to spot where our prombem is coming from. Kind regards from Lorna and "chin up".