please read this.

This is the "main" forum that contains new introductions and other topics. A place to talk about your experiences, thoughts and advice.

Moderator: gloria

lorna

please read this.

Post by lorna »

Hello all OT friends, I wanted to share what has happened to me. Five weeks ago I went to have a massage (for shoulder and neck problems), the lady that does it uses the Bowen method. Whilst massaging she find the knots in the muscles and works on them, sometimes it really hurts. Well on the third visit I could not believe how long I could stand before the tremors started. she said to me "what I have done", we really don't know, but I have been able to stand for about 3 mins before the tremor starts and the feeling of standing for so long is quite strange, but a good feeling. I have been going weekly and now going to go fortnightly.

The lady does a full body massage and has worked on my neck, but she also worked quite extensively on the calves of my legs, which were full of knots. This area really has so much pressure, due to trying to keep ones balance, and this is where I think progress has been made. I also now either sit or lay and force my feet forward towards my body to stretch the muscles in the calves. I have been able to stand for 3 mins which is really amazing, haven't done this for 15 years. This is no CURE, but sure has made standing a lot easier. So its either the neck or the legs that have responded.

So if any OT people are willing to try this, I would be really interested if there is any improvement in your standing ability. Kind regards to you all :lol: Australia
RichardS

Bowen

Post by RichardS »

Many thanks for this! It's so good to hear that something drug-free does some good. I had Bowen treatment years ago for some other problem; I guess I'll give it another go now.

Richard