Information Source: National Tremor Foundation

This is the "main" forum that contains new introductions and other topics. A place to talk about your experiences, thoughts and advice.

Moderator: gloria

Sue

Information Source: National Tremor Foundation

Post by Sue »

Hi Everyone
I am not sure how you get the message out to those who may have the symptoms but have been misdiagnosed possibly as Parkinson's or MS or Cerebellar Ataxia. My Doctor originally told me I had Cerebellar Ataxia following an MRI scan, he later told me he first thought it might be MS.

I recommend membership of the National Tremor Foundation in the UK. It covers all types of tremor and they have a regular newsletter to which you can also contribute your ideas or experiences. A suggestion has been made recently to have a get-together of OT sufferers possibly the evening before the Tremor Foundatiion National Conference, so that we can identify each other and swap tips for coping. I have previously attended two conferences, everyone is very friendly and you get to meet top neurologists and ask them awkward questions!!!

If anyone is thinking of going to this year's conference - not sure where it is yet - please let me know.

Sue
:D