Mercury toxicity, other heavy metals and POT

This is the "main" forum that contains new introductions and other topics. A place to talk about your experiences, thoughts and advice.

Moderator: gloria

Abinadi

Mercury toxicity, other heavy metals and POT

Post by Abinadi »

I have been suspecting for some time that the amalgam mercury fillings in my teeth may have contributed to/caused my POT.

A few years ago, when I was tested for heavy metals toxicity, I was found to be extraordinarily high, not in mercury, but in cadmium. Recently, I read an article speaking of the exacerbating effect of other heavy metals in combination with mercury in particular and it has started me thinking that my own known high cadmium in combination with the known mercury in my fillings could be conspiring against me.

In other words, it is possible that the two in concert together could be worse than either on it's own.

Mercury is increasingly being identified in medical and scientific circles as a neurotoxin. It seems to me that POT is a neurological issue and I can't see why mercury and other heavy metals should not be on the list of suspects.

All of this is to lead up to a question to find out what anybody's experience was like in having those mercury tainted fillings swapped out?

What was the procedure like? How long did it go on for? What are the positive effects from having gone through that? Was there an identifiable effect on the tremor problem?

And finally, I know that heavy metals are very resistant to being removed from organs and muscle tissue. What, in your opinion and experience, was the most successful in accomplishing the removal of the residual mercury deposits from the rest of your body?

Still shaking in Panama (just not standing in one place),
Rich
golfnut

Re: Mercury toxicity, other heavy metals and POT

Post by golfnut »

Hello all,

I'm curious - is this old posting from 2007 the only note about amalgam fillings and OT? Has anyone removed their fillings? Had any improvement?
Has anyone considered amalgam fillings as a contributing factor along with stress to us getting OT?

/golfnut
lorna

Post by lorna »

Hello golfnut, I had quite a lot of Mercury fillings and decided to have them all removed, hoping that it would stop my tremors, this would have been about 10 years ago. Sorry to say there was no improvement whatsoever. cheers Lorna
golfnut

Post by golfnut »

Hi Lorna,
did you experience any other health improvement after removing your fillings? Was it a difficult period when you did it?

I have come to understand that for some the fillings create a major problem, but for others the situation might not be so problematic, and thus the removal not bring about much change.

I do not think my fillings are the main reason for OT, nor do I think they bother me that much. But I still consider having them removed... I just feel bad about them.
:(

Any other members with filling or amalgam or mercury input?
Thanks in advance for sharing,
the nut
snickers

Post by snickers »

I have not yet been "officially" diagnosed...however......I also have been researching this aspect.
I have many amalgam fillings in my teeth.
I suppose the first step is to find out how much metal one has in their bodies..
Where I live, I believe it is a claimable dental expense...something else to ponder!!

snickers
Jenna

Post by Jenna »

It's possible that I got overloaded with MANGANESE and that caused or contributed to my tremor.

1) In the last 10ish years they have linked exposure to manganese fumes to Parkinsonism tremors, in steelworkers.
2) Note I'm NOT talking about Magnesium, which some of us need more of in order to have happier muscles.
3) In small doses Maganese is a nutrient. Metals come in various "valences", some benign, some toxic.
4) I worked for 16 years within a couple blocks of a steel plant that puts of tons of manganese fumes. Tremor started up at the end of that time.
5) One hair test showed I have elevated levels of manganese.
6) I will probably never find out much more because both OT and manganese overdose are both so rare.
grammy7772002

Post by grammy7772002 »

I have several fillings from at least 40 years ago. I haven't had any removed. I've also had root canals. A few years ago I had a tooth surgically removed and my dentist said he's never seen large roots like mine (bulging, calcifying). I had to have my jaw bone built up in order to hold a bridge.
Last year I had a hair tested for heavy metals. It found extra high doses of tin and higher than average doses of aluminum. Mercury was normal or lower than normal. I started taking nutritional supplements including trace minerals and vit. B12.
I am currently taking up to 1600 mg Gabapentin a day. It doesn't take away shaking but helps minimize it some. My tremor is all the time, including sitting and laying in bed. I have also developed essential tremor (head) after the orthostatic tremor.